Meruelo Media is seeking a talented and creative video Technical Director to work in our Los Angeles broadcast centers.The ideal candidate has hands-on experience with operating traditional audio, video production equipment and systems. This individual must be a strategic, creative, a critical thinker, and collaborator willing to learn and share information and ideas. They must be proficient in operating live production equipment and systems.
- Hands on switching, recording and editing of high production value content
- Work closely with producers and our internal and external clients to produce consistent and quality productions
- Operate physical production equipment such as Ross and Black Magic switchers along with , computer based switching, recording and streaming systems, character generators, cameras, audio mixers, Graphics, Recorder / Players, Editing and color correcting
- Responsible for the technical quality and efficiency of live and taped productions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of two years television production experience required
- Must be highly motivated, confident and an energetic self-starter
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have knowledge of and hands on experience in television production and news production environments.
- Must be able to work closely with news and production producers
- Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- Must possess strong Technical Direction skills in a studio environment, set up camera shots, ability to perform live video effects and transitions, insert pre-recorded content, graphics and titles
- Must have knowledge of Ross and BlackMagic production systems, Adobe suite of production editing and production products, Davinci Resolve
- Strong Non-linear editing skills
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Must be able to make rapid decisions during live and post productions
- Must be resourceful and a creative problem solver
- Work in a team environment and able to collaborate well with other departments including, production, creative services, engineering and sales
- Able to download and manage videos to servers
- Candidate must also be prepared to contribute to the creative process for all newscasts, special projects and weekly program recordings and post sessions.
- Ability to keep up with ever changing technology and train less experienced personnel
Desired Skills & Experience:
- College degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) both written and oral preferred
- Eligibility Requirements
- Must be willing to work from office in Burbank and Los Angeles, California
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
Meruelo Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.