KWHY TV is a Meruelo Media Broadcasting station. KWHY has an opening for a Full-Time Master Control Operator to work in our Los Angeles broadcast center. The ideal candidate has experience with broadcast master control and network systems including, router and Master control switchers, monitoring, control, automation systems and computer networks.. Experience working in a broadcast network operations center is required.
- Available for all shifts. ON CALL.
- Set up and monitors the ingest and automation systems for proper event execution
- Prepares programming, runs commercial breaks on multiple channels.
- Imports and accurately checks every aspect of each log in the automation system
- Responsible for quality control, timing, standards and practices of content prior to airing.
- Keeps all stations in compliance with FCC rules and regulations governing television broadcasters including EAS requirements, standard and practices compliance, closed captioning logs and compliance, with the FCC Children’s Television Act
- Monitors multiple transmitters under the FCC regulations
- Monitor multiple distribution confidence return feeds
- Verifies material airing via the program log; researches and contacts appropriate source for missing material
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 years in television master control and network operations centers
- Must be capable of using IT-based equipment in a broadcast and network environment
- Computer knowledge, familiarity with server playback and recording, and automation systems
- Knowledge of satellite and IP content and spot delivery systems
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
- Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) required
Meruelo Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.