Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. is a leading company in the underground construction and engineering industry. We perform engineering specification design/development and the construction of large utility infrastructure projects in the electricity, telephone, oil & gas, water, sewer, storm drain markets. We are headquartered in Los Angeles with business units in LA, Riverside, and Ventura performing work throughout California.
The ability to work without close supervision. Perform detailed various accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of accounts payable. Includes such tasks as filing, typing, verifying mathematical accuracy, assigning distribution codes and balancing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts payable data.
- Verifies validity and resolves issues of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from Purchasing and other departments.
- Compares vendor/subcontractor invoices to purchases orders of contracts to verify quantities, prices, payment terms, freight charges, extensions, etc. Computes discounts, makes sales/tax determinations and places invoices in line for payment
- Performs data-entry of vendor/subcontractors invoices and expense reports
- Maintains records on equipment rental, assists with invoice preparation, invoice distribution etc.
- Follows all requirements of the company safety program. Takes personal responsibility for the safety of the working environment. Promotes safety to peers
- Performs additional assignments per supervisors direction
- Requires high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting the accounts payable process within the construction industry.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be friendly, courteous, tactful and maintain composure in dealing with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to learn company policy and procedures, accounting policies, and procedures related to the protection and detection of company funds and all relevant federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Must possess good communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel and have knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure accurate and thorough completion of work activities.
- Requires the ability to sit for prolonged periods and the ability to operate related equipment such as computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine, etc.
Working conditions consists of a temperature-controlled office; noise level in work environment is usually moderate.
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. offers competitive pay and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, 401(k), etc. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add or change the duties of this position any time.
Meruelo Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer