Herman Weissker, Inc. is a leading company in the underground construction and engineering industry. We perform engineering specification design/development and the construction of large utility infrastructure projects in the electricity, telephone, oil & gas, water, sewer, storm drain markets. We are headquartered in Riverside with business units in Palm Desert, Bakersfield, Long Beach and Visalia performing work throughout California.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Planner 2 based in Riverside, CA.
- Develops construction plans, identifies material requirements, develops cost estimates and identifies resource requirements for several minor overhead and underground projects or on a major project that requires minor changes to the operating characteristics of the electrical system.
- Prepares drawings, performs data input into computer systems (AUD, DM, etc.).
- Prepares work order documentation and packages in support of distribution overhead and underground projects.
- A high school diploma required.
- Typically possesses 3 or more years of experience as a planner working on distribution system projects.
- Three years of experience using AutoCAD.
- Three years of experience with Electrical Distribution Design.
- Three years of experience in utility pole loading and use of utility pole loading analysis software.
- Experience in SCE systems such as DM, AUD, and SPIDA.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must also work well with others in the company, along with representatives from other industries.
- Ability to stay focused and work without close supervision.
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to timely meet deadlines; coordinate workloads with Supervisor.
- Effective communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside persons, such as customers, vendors and professional service providers.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure accurate and thorough completion of work activities.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate complex information appropriate and effectively.
- Comply with accounting and all other company policies, procedures, as well as all relevant federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled office, outdoors in all seasons, noise levels in work environment consist of soft to needing ear protection.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add or change the duties of this position any time.
Herman Weissker, Inc. offers a very competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
Herman Weissker, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer