PURPOSE: To create company invoices and send to Herman Weissker customers for payment; process adjustments or corrections as needed. Process foreman daily timesheets and other accounting related tasks as identified by the Office Supervisor.
- Assign new job numbers as needed
- Open new jobs in the company’s accounting system; updating information when necessary
- Verify costs applied to job against timesheets; ensure transfers are processed if needed
- Timely / accurately prepare and send out customer invoices as required by the contract
- Ensure proper documentation for contracts, change orders, adjustments and other pertinent billing information are maintained in A/R files
- Maintain A/R files in a neat, organized manner; updating with new documentation as received.
- Prepare adjustments or credit memo when necessary; obtain proper approval
- Cover front desk, answer phones.
- Other necessary and required duties
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- A minimum of two years of accounts receivable experience or equivalent training is preferred.
- General knowledge of the various disciplines and procedures utilized by the Construction industry is preferred.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to stay focused and work without close supervision.
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to accurately enter data and perform mathematical calculations.
- Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to timely meet deadlines; coordinate workloads with Supervisor.
- Effective communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside persons, such as customers, vendors and professional service providers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure accurate and thorough completion of work activities.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate complex information appropriate and effectively.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods and efficiently operate computer, calculator, copier, fax and other business office equipment.
- Comply with accounting and all other company policies, procedures, as well as all relevant federal, state and local reporting requirements.
Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled office; noise level in work environment is usually moderate.