The Finance Assistant position will report to the Corporate Controller. The Finance Assistant is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ability to work in Burbank location
- Organize and maintain all files assigned
- Lead special projects and provide research as requested
- Ensure deadlines are met, questions are answered, and requests are addressed
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, promotions, customer service departments, and from customers;
- Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- Highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule to work days per business needs.
- Intuitive, able to anticipate needs and develop options
- Collaborative, team player with can do attitude
- Superior judgment, professionalism, poise, ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, and assertiveness
- Excellent ability to maintain composure and effectiveness in a fast paced environment
- Have the professional presence and maturity to deal with a vast group of business professionals and associates
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years Office Assistant experience
- Experience interacting with C-Suite executives and staff
- Proficient at Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
Meruelo Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer