Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expand local sales by developing and maintaining new advertisers through solution based programs at the client level (direct seller)
- High degree of developmental business at the Marketing Director/Brand Manager/Regional Sales Manager level
- Ongoing high level of prospecting for ideal customers, creating valid business reasons to get appointments and conducting effective customer needs analysis
- Creation, presentation, execution and recap of comprehensive marketing campaigns.
- Solid prospecting systems for short and long range plans for revenue growth
- Various internal reporting
- Other job-related functions as required
- Attend all sales and full staff meetings
- Attend all sales staff training seminars
Candidates must possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of at least three to five (3-5) years media sales experience (radio/television/digital/print/out of home) and a proven track record of success with direct clients
- Must have evidence of success with business development at the client level (non-transactional)
- Proficient in Facebook Advertising/Marketing
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Ability to develop trusted relationships with agencies and direct clients
- Proven track record of strong prospecting, qualifying, phone and closing skills
- Strong problem solving skills, high courage, business acumen, highly motivated to win and tireless work intensity.
- Demonstrated success with creating custom, integrated campaigns that include digital, event, and community outreach components
- Evidence of success in station targeted categories (i.e. Automotive, Movies, Entertainment, Beverages, Telecom, Shoes, Apparel and any other relevant emerging categories)
- An understanding of consumer behavior and a desire to help advertisers with their marketing challenges.
- Must be motivated by financial success and have the skill set to be in the top 1% of the sales organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance required.
- Ability to travel and work long hours.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Maintain effective interdepartmental relationships
MERUELO MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an ARMY PaYS employer partner https://www.armypays.com/GENERAL_INFO.html