MERUELO MEDIA, Southern California’s fastest growing minority owned multimedia group is seeking a Radio Division Vice President (VP) of Programming to manage multiple stations across various formats.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leadership: Work closely with GM to develop the vision/strategy for programming, marketing and brands, digital, and operations.
- Execution: Execute/Implement vision/strategy with direct reports to create consistent, compelling content with engaging talent,
- Direction: Work with PD’s to implement excellent on-air sound, imaging and promos.
- Partnership: Work with Sales Managers for on-air and promotional execution of sales programs
- Guidance: Work with Digital Media team to maximize on-air and digital assets including websites, social media voice and content, emerging technologies, as well as to ensure the audio streaming processes including webs, apps are streams are optimized
- Stewardship: Work with Marketing team to create successful and profitable marketing campaigns unique to the region and times
- Partnership: Work with independent contractors and syndicated programming providers on production of their content and programs.
- Curate: Work closely with Human Resources to develop and implement training for improvement of skill gaps in teams.
The ideal candidate must maintain and grow the Hip Hop leadership of its LA Audio Cluster comprised of legendary Los Angeles POWER 106, Classic Throwback KDAY 93.5, legacy rock station KLOS FM 95.5 and HOT AC/Rhythmic Latin station CALI 93.9. Candidates must have proven track record of successful leadership, an entrepreneur culture, conviction, vision, ability to problem solve and a strong understanding of radio operations.
Our ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- Minimum of 5 years of programming and operations management experience
- Granular understanding of Nielsen’s data production, methodology and process
- Understanding of production and effective imaging
- Knowledge of music format, artists, labels, producers and talent management
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspect of operations including programming music scheduling, cluster strategy and development of brand promotions. Will be responsible for leading a creative staff with the ability to multi-task and handle deadlines. A candidate who operates and programs with a marketer’s mind is advantageous.
What we offer:
- World class work environment
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Rare entrepreneurial and collaborative ecosystem which expedites innovation, disruption while maximizing freedom to operate
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
MERUELO MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and an ARMY PaYS employer partner https://www.armypays.com/GENERAL_INFO.html