KPWR-FM, Power 106, located in Burbank, CA, is currently seeking a reliable, energetic, highly confident, highly organized, hardworking, and self-motivated individual to join the Power 106 Morning show as full-time Senior Content Producer and Writer. The full-time Senior Content Producer and Writer will be responsible for producing and writing captivating and entertaining features and bits for the Los Angeles audience. The candidate must have excellent creative writing skills with a comprehensive understanding of radio and ratings fundamentals. Attention to detail, delegation, and intense planning as well as managerial and motivational skills are required. The ability to constantly evolve the morning show is very important. An interest in Hip Hop music and pop culture is highly encouraged.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position is accountable for creating and producing morning show content and “benchmarks” that appeal to the Los Angeles audience.
- Benchmarks to include: produced appointment listening daily and weekly “bits” and “features”
- Writing scripts for all produced features, bits, interviews, etc.
- Plan, prepare and execute 5 hours (1 hour pre-recorded) of content every day.
- Catalog and maintain show logs, interview and bit content, and airchecks.
- Assist in booking all talent using music director, program director, marketing director, morning show producer and members to complement the effort.
- Create an in-studio and production studio culture that motivates, creates and executes.
- Manage, direct and delegate to all morning show members through meetings and one on one’s as to their specific measurable daily contributions to the show
- Must show a true understanding of the “art” and “science” of radio and the audience. Knowledge of hip-hop and pop culture that is key to our target demo.
- Maintain production schedule for bits and the timely airing of all topical “A” bits and features
- Responsibility holder for all in studio aspects of the morning show’s execution.
- Sponsors and promos run accurately (no unlogged plugs)
- Manage guests and the length/type of appearance.
- Maintain integrity of contest execution, music log.
- Motivate talent for maximum on air performance.
- Research and be on top of relevant daily news topics, what is new and hot in Hip Hop, entertainment, and lifestyle in general.
This position requires someone who is detail oriented, reliable, and has strong communication and time management skills. The ideal candidate is a self-motivator willing to work in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills and the ability to perform with all morning show members, dayparts, and departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years working with Radio Show Talent
- Must be local & able to work at the radio station
- Proven track record of successfully written and produced “radio” and/or “digital” content
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
- Production skills and experience with digital editing and production programs: Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, VoxPro, etc.
- Experience with automated playback system: Wide Orbit or similar
- Superior communication, questioning, listening skills
- Ability to anticipate next steps, identify problems and provide solutions
- Strong team player with great organizational skills
- Deep passion for music, radio, pop culture, online marketing/networking and the power it has to change the way business is done.
KPWR-FM, Power 106 offers a very competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
KPWR-FM, Power 106 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER