Meruelo Media is seeking a talented and creative Production Supervisor to work in our Los Angeles broadcast centers.
The ideal candidate has hands-on experience operating traditional audio, video as well computer centric production equipment and systems.
This individual must be a strategic, creative and critical thinker, and collaborator that loves to learn and share information and ideas. They will be responsible for overseeing and hands on creation of all of our video productions, creating project and crew schedules.
- Coordinate, collaborate and communicate requirements, resources and deliverables on production projects
- Ensure all positions are manned and all equipment and facilities are checked and ready before all live or taped events
- Hands on directing / technical directing using traditional production systems and computer based systems like OBS.
- Hands on lighting, setup, camera operations, switching, graphics, playback, recording and editing of high production value content
- Work closely with producers and lead crews with the goal of giving our internal and external clients consistent and quality productions
- Responsible for the technical quality and efficiency of live and taped productions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of two years television production and supervision experience required
- Must be highly motivated, confident and an energetic self-starter
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have knowledge of and hands on experience in television broadcast and news production environments.
- Must be able to work closely with news and production producers
- Must be able to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- Must possess strong Technical Direction skills in a studio environment, set up camera shots, ability to perform live video effects and transitions, insert pre-recorded content, graphics and titles
- Must have knowledge of Ross and BlackMagic production systems, Adobe suite of production products and Davinci Resolve for editing and color correction
- Strong Non-linear editing skills
- Ability to multitask and perform under tight deadlines
- Must be able to make rapid decisions during live productions
- Must be resourceful and a creative problem solver
- Work in a team environment and able to collaborate well with other departments including, production, creative services, engineering and sales
- Able to download and manage videos to servers
- Candidate must also be prepared to contribute to the creative process for all newscasts, special projects and weekly program recordings and post sessions
- Ability to keep up with ever changing technology and train less experienced personnel
Skills, Experience and other requirements:
- College degree preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) both written and oral preferred
- Must be willing to work from office in Burbank and Los Angeles, California
- Employment/education will be verified
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, and sit for up to (8) hours
Meruelo Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer