Title: Senior Director, Program & Partnerships
Function: Program Delivery
Reports to: Vice President, Program & Partnerships
Status: Full time, exempt-level position
About the Organization: New Teacher Center (NTC) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to disrupting the predictability of educational inequities for systemically underserved students by accelerating educator effectiveness. Founded by teachers in 1998, NTC works with leaders at all levels of a system to center students’ needs to transform professional learning. In 2019-20, NTC developed the instructional leadership of over 8,000 instructional leaders to reach 25,000 teachers and impact the learning of 1.8M students in over 360 districts across 25 states. For more information, please visit http://www.newteachercenter.org/.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Vice President, Program & Partnerships, the Senior Director, Program & Partnerships will bring leadership, strategy, and execution of a subset of partnerships in order to live into NTC’s mission of disrupting the predictability of educational inequities for systemically underserved students. Key to the success of this position is the ability to oversee a variety of partnerships serving educators at multiple levels, provide academic strategy leadership, support adaptive change internally and externally, and expand NTC’s work in alignment with our theory of change, strategic plan, and organizational mission.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions: The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- In alignment with NTC’s theory of change, lead program strategy across a subset of partnerships including serving district leaders, school leaders, and teacher leaders through aligned coaching and consultative supports.
- Provide academic strategy leadership through consultation support in client engagement and capacity-building of program staff to engage in consultative support for district leaders.
- Cultivate partnerships within a portfolio, new and existing to drive healthy, sustainable and impactful growth over time
- Oversee client engagement in target site(s) within the federal grant and/or other system-level engagements, supporting strong instructional coaching programmatic work with aligned school leadership engagement and development.
- Work in collaboration with program and design staff to develop frameworks, content, and other supports in service of innovation and evolution of the work to build out systems-level consultative supports and deepen our work for target students.
Driving Opportunities to Expand NTC’s Impact
- Drive revenue generation within a subset of sites to support NTC to achieving strategic plan goals including cultivating new partnerships, managing and driving relationships with funders, and working with organizational partners
- Oversee partnerships data collection and flow to ensure accurate and timely data sharing across departments and functions to enable revenue generation activities.
- Represent NTC internally and externally as a leader across partnerships including client meetings, convenings, conferences, and other events.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a subset of sites and staff to achieve revenue targets across fee-for-service and philanthropic partnerships.
Management and Leadership
- Manage and develop program staff within the reporting line and within partnerships through effective feedback and development strategies, aligned with a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Work with VP of Learning & Equity and program leadership to design coaching model for staff across portfolios; implement, test, and refine through direct coaching across selected sites to drive capacity-building for program staff
- Forecast staffing needs across portfolio and works with other program leaders to make staffing decisions balancing field needs and financial sustainability
- Effectively develop and manage budgets for philanthropic, organizational, and fee-for-service contracts within a subset of partnerships
- Model leadership and positive culture-building for program, within the portfolio and across the organization in alignment with NTC’s mission, core values, and theory of change
- Effectively facilitate collaboration across diverse groups of people, functions, levels, and contexts both internally and externally
- Passionate commitment to and belief in NTC’s mission and diversity, equity, and inclusion - for the students NTC serves but also as a critical part of a healthy organizational culture
- Broad knowledge of standards, content, assessment, and best practices for curriculum implementation and building optimal learning environments for underserved students - specifically students of color, English Language Learners, students with disabilities, immigrant students, and students living in poverty
- Exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills and ability to navigate through change and effectively manage change management - internally and externally
- Working knowledge of management strategies, resource planning, customer relations, and implementation of new products and services
- Familiarity with revenue strategies and experience managing client relationships to maintain a top-notch reputation in the field
- Focus on results and ability to thrive in a culture of accountability
- Comfort with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and oversee a variety of partnerships; comfort and experience in acting as the public face of the organization in external engagements
- Strong decision-making skills and the focus and determination to see projects through to the end
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, and collaboration
- Self-directed, able to work independently, and committed to building and being part of a high performing team
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree or other graduate degree preferred
- 10+ years K-12 classroom teaching experience and leading teams either in school, Charter Management Organizations, or district levels - from within or through partner organizations, with contexts serving NTC's targeted student populations (students of color, students in poverty, immigrant students, English Language Learners and indigenous students) as a must
- Experience in external representation with partners, funders, and other stakeholders
- Knowledge of business development in pre-K-12 education; general business strategy and experience interfacing with high-level district officials
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, data-driven results, and leadership
- Non-profit experience is preferred
ADA Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Work normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Travel as needed, up to 50%
- Limited physical effort required
- May have substantial national travel based on office location/client assignments
- Requires a valid driver’s license
- Driving, grasping, hearing, repetitive hand motions, lifting under 50 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, talking, typing
***This is a remote-based position; This role is a remote-based position with 50% travel requirements post COVID-19. Currently, all NTC staff are working remotely until further notice.
***Cover Letter & Resume required***