Title: Senior Project Manager
Reports to: Sr. Director, Business Operations
Status: Full time, exempt position
Notice to applicants: New Teacher Center's offices will be closed for winter break from December 20th - December 31st. Applications during this time will not be reviewed. Please expect delays. NTC appreciates your consideration and interest in our employment opportunities. We wish you a warm holiday season and look forward to following up with you in the New Year!
About the Organization: New Teacher Center (NTC) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to disrupting the predictability of educational inequities for systemically underserved students by accelerating educator effectiveness. Founded by teachers in 1998, NTC works with leaders at all levels of a system to center students’ needs to transform professional learning. In 2019-20, NTC developed the instructional leadership of over 8,000 instructional leaders to reach 25,000 teachers and impact the learning of 1.8M students in over 360 districts across 25 states. For more information, please visit: http://www.newteachercenter.org/.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Director, Business Operations, the Senior Project Manager will lead key projects and initiatives across NTC and oversee projects led by other Project Managers. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for creating standardized operational procedures and documentation that will be used by all projects at NTC. The Senior Project Manager will report key metrics, progress, and barriers to the project team and company leadership, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget and determine when this will not happen. The Senior Project Manager will supervise Project Manager(s).
Responsibilities & Essential Functions
The following is an overview of the duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. The employee may perform other duties as required.
- Provide high-quality project management for key company-wide projects, including creating project plans and standardized documentation and protocols, identifying and addressing barriers and risks to the project, and creating feedback loops to ensure project success
- Create standardized documentation and protocols used on all projects that facilitate conversations to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Create and maintain a high-level NTC Project Dashboard for NTC leadership that summarizes all currently managed projects, communicates key metrics, project completion, and potential risks to inform decision making
- Identify and address issues that may impact project success, raise awareness about issues to correct parties within NTC, understand implications of issues on schedule and financials, facilitate conversations to discuss solutions, determine how solutions address risk, and align on solutions moving forward
- Work cross functionally throughout NTC to ensure the entire Project Team is informed and up-to-date on project status and next steps, and raise issues to Senior Director, Business Operations and others when there are potential barriers to project success
- Work with Senior Director, Business Operations to ensure project workloads are correctly distributed and determine any potential new company-wide projects
- Supervise Project Manager(s)
- Act as project management mentor within the organization
- 5+ years leading projects in a diverse cross-functional organization
- Excellent cognitive skills, including the ability to process various inputs then synthesize, organize, enhance and present them in a clear and accessible manner
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to analyze gathered information to make meaning, comparisons, or determinations
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to identify early indicators that may impact project success and identify potential solutions that meet project needs
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to create key documents required by the project
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams
- CAPM, PMP (preferred) or equivalent Agile Certification/ PM Degree, preferred but not required
ADA Requirements/Working Conditions
- Work normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment
- Limited physical effort required
- Hearing, repetitive hand motions, sitting, talking, typing
- Travel requirements include 2-4 times per year as needed
Important notice to applicants: NTC has a mandatory COVID - 19 vaccination policy that requires all employees to attest to vaccination; medical or religious accommodation will be reviewed upon request in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.