JOB SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Accounting Manager, supporting the Finance & Operations Department by maintaining financial records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The position performs tasks related to financial and grant accounting. This position is responsible for performing complex accounting reconciliations as well as interpreting and applying GAAP requirements to financial operations. This position aids departmental efforts to manage revenue and expenses in accordance with appropriates grant and funding regulations, policies, procedures, and GAAP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts month-end processes including closing, reconciling, preparing, and posting journal entries
- Monitors NTC bank accounts daily. Researches and provides action for ACH and check returns as well as miscellaneous charges and deposits. Reconciles NTC bank accounts. Uploads information from bank accounts into the general ledger and monitors outstanding checks for Accounts Payable. Keeps monthly records of bank statements and account analysis reports
- Assists in the review of general ledgers monthly; analyzes general ledger variances; and resolves any discrepancies. Reconciles general ledger liability and prepay accounts, identifying discrepancies, creating journal entries, and documenting monthly accruals
- Assists with the year-end closing and assists in the preparation of monthly year-end reports. Assists the auditors in the annual review of the accounting records and prepares schedules as necessary.
- Assist in the grant revenue recognition and federal grant draws; prepares and compiles backup documentation for the various grant draws
- Prepares reports and provides data as requested to the Accounting Manager, Director of Operations or SVP of Finance & Operations.
- Keeps abreast of matters related to new legislation and trends relevant to the field of accounting.
- Assists in analysis of monthly financials for accuracy and variances.
- Serves as a back-up to other members of the Finance staff.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
- Flexible and open to new challenges
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Maintains confidentiality
- NetSuite power user
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, G-Suite product
Important notice to applicants: NTC has a mandatory COVID - 19 vaccination policy that requires all employees to attest to vaccination; medical or religious accommodation will be reviewed upon request in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.