About the Organization:
New Teacher Center (NTC) is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to disrupting the predictability of educational inequities for systemically underserved students by accelerating educator effectiveness. Founded by teachers in 1998, NTC works with leaders at all levels of a system to center students’ needs to transform professional learning. In 2019-20, NTC developed the instructional leadership of over 8,000 instructional leaders to reach 25,000 teachers and impact the learning of 1.8M students in over 360 districts across 25 states. For more information, please visit: http://www.newteachercenter.org/ .
**This is a remote-based role (East coast location preferred)
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of applying adult learning theory to educator-facing technology solutions. The role is designed for an individual with knowledge and application of the best practices in design. Critical to the role are exemplary instructional design/learning experience design skills, and the ability to translate important concepts related to changing adult behaviors to various contexts.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
The Learning Experience Designer will report to and work directly with the Senior Learning Experience Designer and support the design and content development of learning experiences in specific tech platforms in service of NTC mission, vision, and theory of change.
Content Development and Management
- Co-design and create content and assessments using NTC materials, new materials in various technology platforms
- Coordinate and collaborate with a team of Subject Matter Experts, Learning Experience Designers, project managers to meet product deadlines and grant deliverables
- Directly support Subject Matter Experts in lesson and objective scoping, and creating content and media in their area of expertise
- Support the synthesis of learning across different tech partners NTC engages in for pilots
- Collaborate with media partner to scope media assets and prepare scripts and raw media files for production
- Collaborate with Sr. LXD on creative direction for individual media and design assets
- Perform quality control reviews on written content and multimedia components of products
- Build professional development lessons in platform
Team Integration and Communication
- Collaborate with other internal staff and staff on the technology partnership to meet deliverables and project goals
- Supporting with building the internal capacity of staff to design engaging adult learning experiences in various contexts and platforms
- Support cross-functional and integration efforts with other teams, including MarComm, Technology, Programs and Partnerships, Development, Business Development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in education nonprofit, education technology, multimedia publishing, product development
- Strong facilitation skills
- Knowledge of adult learning principles with a focus on blended learning contexts
- Deep knowledge of principles of strong curriculum design, User experience and learner experience
- Self-starter who can handle ambiguity