$1,000 Hiring Bonus!
First shift: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
D&D Commodities, a business unit of Central Garden and Pet, is the leading company in the bird feeding industry. We are looking to hire a Machine Operator to help us keep growing. If you're serious about your next job, D&D is an ideal place to get ahead. Don't hesitate to apply.
The Machine Operator is responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot, and perform preventive maintenance on production machines and adjusting machines as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Ensures operation of production machinery and mechanical equipment by troubleshooting, identifying, and completing preventive and routine maintenance on motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulics, conveyor systems, etc.
- Optimizes production line efficiency by monitoring productivity and quality.
- Effectively operates machines in a safe and responsible manner, ensuring OSHA standards are met.
- Assists maintenance workers with repairs on equipment.
- Operates motorized and hand tools and equipment used in maintaining and repairing machines, facilities, and grounds.
- Packages and prepares products for shipping on multiple different assembly lines.
- Weighs product, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Keeps area clean, safe, and up to code.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds; ability to sit, stand and /or walk for up to 3 hours at a time in an 8-hour day; ability to frequently grasp, push, pull, bend, and climb.
The above-noted measures of success are not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 1+ years previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- General mechanical aptitude.
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of production and plant processes.
- Attention to detail.
- Meets attendance requirements and is on time.
- Electrical knowledge preferred,
- Frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, product irritants, airborne particles, and outdoor weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to work in high places and confined spaces.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. But higher levels of noise are marked by signs.
WORK SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION:
- First shift: Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Occasional overtime.
- Wage is based on salary expectation, skills, and experience.
- Health insurance (premium mostly paid for by the employer)
- Health Savings Account company contribution
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance (100% employer-paid)
- $50,000 in Basic life insurance (100% employer-paid)
- Dental insurance
- Accident insurance
- Cancer insurance
- 401k retirement plan + company matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid bereavement leave
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
D & D Commodities Ltd., a business unit of Central Garden and Pet, is a national company that manufactures the finest premium nutritional products for caged birds, small animals, wild birds, and wildlife. We provide optimum nutrition for all types of pets at prices that offer value to the consumer in the best packaging types and styles available. In addition to the best products, we strive to always provide the best service and support for its customers regardless of size or type.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
Hiring bonus conditions apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.