CAREERS THAT CHANGE THE WORLD
About Cambridge Associates
Cambridge Associates is a global investment firm that works with endowments & foundations, pension plans, and private clients to implement and manage custom investment portfolios that aim to generate outperformance so they can maximize their impact on the world. Cambridge Associates delivers a range of portfolio management services, including outsourced CIO, non-discretionary portfolio management, staff extension, and asset class mandates. We began working with families in 1982, and serve more than 245 families globally today.
Built on a legacy of innovation, we have evolved over the last four decades, working to stay ahead of the investment landscape and to deliver investment results for our clients. We continuously invest in the resources needed to find and access the best investments around the globe, particularly in alternative investments, ESG, and impact investments. Today, we have specialized investment teams in private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, real assets, credit, sustainable and impact investing, and co-investments.
OUR PEOPLE AND OUR CULTURE
Cambridge Associates believes culture is central to your success and ours.
We believe in a vibrant, values-driven culture that is supportive, inclusive, and diverse. Here, we celebrate the individual while we support global connectivity. At CA, collaboration wins, kindness matters, and your success is our priority.
We foster an inclusive and diverse environment that enables all individuals to engage and bring their full selves to work.
We actively recruit and invest in the most dynamic and diverse talent and then empower you to succeed. By leveraging your unique skills, developing your individual career goals, and building a collaborative global community of connected, diverse individuals, we build a community that is stronger together.
But enough about us. Tell us about YOU
- Are you a bold individual seeking an opportunity to contribute to a value-based, collaborative environment in some of the most exciting cities around the globe?
- Are you eager to work for an organization committed to diversity, inclusion, sustainability, and Corporate Social Responsibility?
- Do you strive to work in an environment that encourages innovation and teamwork?
- Do you value a challenging professional opportunity where you can leverage your skills, gain a valuable foundational in finance and investment, and build a long-term career development plan?
Cambridge Associates seeks to hire a business development associate to join our private client practice. Our private client business targets single family offices and ultra-high-net-worth individuals with investment assets over $200 million.
The business development associate will work directly with two experienced business development professionals on the West Coast, while collaborating closely with and supported by the global private client business development, investment and leadership teams. The associate will support all business development-related activities to retain and grow the firm’s clients, and over time take on additional responsibilities including client management, proactively generating and pursuing business leads and managing special projects. The associate will develop a complete understanding of Cambridge Associates’ investment services, processes and philosophy and passionately articulate the firm’s capabilities with internal and external constituents. The ideal candidate should be collaborative, proactive, energetic, entrepreneurial, result-driven, organized, capable of handling a large number of efforts at one time and excellent at communication.
- Support Business Development Directors in achieving growth goals and brand building activities on the West Coast.
- Research ecosystems of clients, prospects, centers of influence (T&E attorneys, CPAs, family office advisors and networks) to identify new business opportunities.
- Strategically develop and execute engagement and outreach plan across clients, prospects, and COIs.
- Win client mandates by writing excellent proposals, preparing presentation materials, preparing for client and prospect meetings, and responding to RFPs.
- Manage sales cycle and workflow, diligently updating and managing CRM system, run and analyze reports.
- Build brand and represent Cambridge Associates at internal and external events.
- Conduct business development-related special projects.
- Takes initiative in improving productivity and results.
- 2-5 years of business development, fundraising or internal sales experience, preferably in a private bank or within the institutional investment management industry
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal), presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to operate independently with a high level of direct responsibility while partnering effectively with colleagues
- Experience with CRM
- Understanding of basic investment and asset allocation concepts
- Strong ability to learn quickly, open to constructive feedback and willing to implement suggestions
- Series 3 (must pass exam within three months of employment)
- Undergraduate degree is required
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration
Want to learn more?
Click HERE to learn more about how Cambridge Associates lives our firm values every day.
Click HERE to learn more about Cambridge Associates invests in diversity and inclusion.
Click HERE to learn more about our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility.