Simply Put, A Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here. It’s a great place to work and grow your career.
Civil Designer/Project Engineer – Detroit, East Lansing, Grand Rapids
The Impact You Will Have:
- Collect and assimilate data
- Perform analysis, design calculations, and coordinate drafting of project elements
- Draw design details
- Compute quantities and demonstrate awareness of relationships to pay items
- Review mathematical calculations of others and organize calculations to be included in design file, following project standards and as assigned
- Develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Perform tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
What You Will Need:
- BS in civil engineering or related discipline required. Candidates currently enrolled in an undergraduate program will be also be considered.
- Related civil transportation design desired, MDOT experience is a plus
- Michigan EIT certified or licensed Professional Engineer preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to perform analysis and design
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: