Simply Put, A Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here. It’s a great place to work and grow your career.
Structural Designer/Project Engineer – Detroit, MI; East Lansing, MI
The Impact You Will Have:
- Performing analysis of project elements
- Performing load development and designing calculations of project elements and back checking work
- Preparing neat and organized structural calculations
- Designing and drafting structural elements and details
- Developing task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Performing tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Working independently under the guidance of a Senior Engineer
What You Will Need:
- M.S. in Structural Engineering degree or related required
- Minimum two (2) years of structural transportation design experience desired
- Michigan PE licensure preferred but not required
- Familiarity with MDOT Bridge Design Guides/Manuals and AASHTO LRFD Specifications
- Building/bridge construction knowledge
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards
- Knowledge of general-purpose structural analysis programs
- Intermediate ability and understanding of AutoCAD
- Experience with Microstation or similar program desired
- Demonstrate competent use of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written - e-mails, project memos, reports, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: