Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here. It’s a great place to work.
Civil Project Manager – Detroit, MI
The Impact You Will Have:
- Manage small to large projects within civil/site technical specialty from the beginning of the due diligence process, through the approvals and permitting, final design and construction phases
- Plan and design for water main, sanitary sewer and road projects for local municipalities
- Work closely with other technical staff from all Benesch offices to assist in providing consulting engineering services from state and municipal clients
- Evaluate and analyze collected data and prepare technical reports, letters, and memoranda including hydrologic and hydraulic reports
- Develop construction drawings, technical specifications, bid documents and project schedules
- Develop and meet project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Design utilities, roadway, and related public works projects, including parking lots
- Develop quality plans, specifications and cost estimates for multiple projects
- Supervise engineering design technicians and other technical staff, including train, and mentor staff level engineers
- Provide technical review and direct project activities of staff level engineers
- Attend project meetings and work in a team environment or independently
- Facilitate meetings with internal staff and external clients
What You Will Need:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 7 years of experience in detailed civil site design (utility relocation, sanitary sewers, storm sewers, stormwater management, water main distribution and transmission, drainage, grading, etc)
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Michigan
- Microstation or AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Strong written communication skills is required
- Design experience with municipalities/local agencies is required
- Hydraulic modeling and drainage design a strong plus
- Prepare grant applications for project funding assistance is a strong plus
- Road design experience with MDOT is a plus
- MDOT Office Engineering experience a plus
- Structure design knowledge of steel and concrete is a plus
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: