Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here, it’s a great place to work.
We have a career opportunity to help grow our Wilmington, NC office. We’re looking for a Civil Project Engineer to join our team and develop plans for projects across NC. This is an Engineering planning and production position, one requiring skills and experience in land development design and engineering. The Project Engineer will work with the Project Manager to develop design concepts and estimates of cost which are incorporated in the final product. The Project Engineer may produce all of their own work or may pull from a pool of resources for production. As such, team building and management are also essential requirements. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated to begin assuming project management tasks.
Our Wilmington combined with the full NC team is recognized as a leading provider of Land Development and Civil Engineering services for both Public and Private Facilities as well as a wide range of land development projects throughout NC and the Southeast. The candidate will work on planning and producing site development documents for a variety of construction projects throughout NC.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of three years of design experience
- Registered North Carolina Professional Engineer or on the path to obtain licensure
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline required.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D, Pond Pack, StormCAD & WaterCAD
- Experience working with public agencies, private entities and/or municipalities.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Utility design experience.
- Skilled in grading and earthwork management.
- Knowledgeable at budgeting and construction cost estimating
- Understanding of the permitting process with local state and federal agencies including the research required to complete tasks
What You Will Do:
- Develop Concepts or schematic designs in concert with the Project Manager
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with project team to produce construction documents.
- Prepare site engineering drawings.
- Assemble full Construction Documents for Land Development.
- Provide detailed plans and supporting calculations for storm water systems (piping, water quality, and detention facilities), utility systems, road profiles and sedimentation and erosion control plans.
- Design elements/component of a project and demonstrate awareness of other elements in their design.
- Prepare engineering opinion of probable cost for civil development and review contractor cost estimates.
- Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with company design and production standards.
- Use computer programs and spread sheets for engineering analysis and presentations.
- Perform code research and implement requirements into the design documents.
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: