Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Bridge Inspection Team Lead – Kansas
Benesch is hiring a full-time Bridge Inspection Team Lead to join our talented team and help make a difference in the communities across Kansas. This role will primarily conduct bridge inspections, prepare field inspection reports, and determine load capacity ratings. Other duties involve providing support in the planning and supervision of project activities. You will have the opportunity to be based out of our Kansas City, Manhattan, or Wichita KS offices.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
What You Will Need:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering degree or related
- Kansas PE License desired
- Successful completion of one or more of the following FHWA-NHI courses:
- Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges
- Fracture Critical Inspection Techniques for Steel Bridges
- Bridge Inspection Refresher Training
- Minimum 5 years of relevant bridge inspection experience (KDOT or MoDOT experience a plus), with an aptitude for bridge design
- Experience with meeting coordination and public outreach is a plus
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job, including work outside on foot for extended periods, including fieldwork around bridges
- Training in scour analysis and design, stream stability, fracture critical members, especially AWS, ASNT, confined space, certified climbing, and quality control of reports a plus
- Willingness to travel to multiple project sites, including out-of-town
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record