Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you – don’t be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Civil Site Designer – Charlotte or Raleigh/Cary, NC
Our North Carolina team offices are looking to hire a Civil Site Designer. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience and will work within a team of professionals designing and permitting projects and performing all engineering related tasks in design, permitting and construction administration. We are looking for someone who is highly and internally motivated, wants to work on complex and engaging projects, and desires increasing levels of responsibility. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, a team player and looking to advance their career.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Develop Concepts or schematic designs in concert with the Project Manager
- Coordinate all activities with the Project Manager, Group Manager
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with project team to produce construction documents.
- Perform code research and implement requirements into the design documents.
- Understanding of Site planning and engineering and able to assemble full Construction Documents for Land Development.
- Provide detailed plans and supporting calculations for storm water systems (piping, water quality, and detention facilities), utility systems, road profiles and sedimentation and erosion control plans.
- Design elements/component of a project and demonstrate awareness of other elements in their design.
- Use computer programs and spread sheets for engineering analysis and presentations.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of five years of site development design experience
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline required
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D, Pond Pack, StormCAD & WaterCAD
- Experience working with public agencies, private entities and/or municipalities
- Experience with permitting land development projects
- Stormwater system and BMP design, erosion control design experience
- Experience with utility (water and sewer) design and permitting
- Skilled in grading and earthwork management
- Knowledgeable at budgeting and construction cost estimating
- Construction administration experience