Simply Put, A Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. Benesch provides stable employment, reward exceptional performance, fosters professional development, and pursue challenging projects in addition to offering a comprehensive benefits package.
In our Great Plains Region, we currently have 9 offices throughout Kansas, Colorado, and Nebraska and now want to establish an office in South Dakota to expand our services to SDDOT, the City of Sioux Falls, and other local governments.
Sr. Project Manager– South Dakota
We have a career opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager, with a proven track record of successfully managing a broad range of complex projects. In this role, you will both self-perform and direct project teams in the planning and design of structures projects, as well as play an important role in managing client relationships. You will also contribute to strategic initiatives that drive the growth of our new office. Ideally, our candidate would be a seller-doer who has experience and established relationships with decision-makers at the City of Sioux Falls and strong transportation background. This is a senior-level position in the firm, requiring at least 10 years of growth-oriented experience, with the right combination of professional and leadership skills that we can build an office around, effective at balancing technical project management, business development, and people. Benesch is a privately held company with all shares owned by key employees throughout the company. The successful candidate for this position will be afforded opportunities to become a shareholder.
Alfred Benesch & Company has approximately 900 employees in 20 states and 45 offices. Our Great Plains Region has employees in transportation, structural, civil, construction management, landscape architecture, and site development disciplines and we are growing. We are looking for an experienced leader that can help continue our success in this region and companywide. This is a great opportunity for someone to progress their career with a company that will support new opportunities for growth.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Immediate contribution to contracted backlog
- Developing junior staff providing design and construction phase services
- Manage scope, schedule, budgets, and resources for multiple projects
- Contribute to local, regional, and corporate strategic growth initiatives
- Assemble competent project communications, including meeting minutes, technical documents, and reports
- Assume responsibility for assigned design calculation files, assuring adequate independent QC reviews
- Develop and oversee task work plans for Engineers, Designers, and Technologists
What You Will Need:
- BS in Civil or Structural Engineering degree required and PE License
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience; SDDOT and/or City of Sioux Falls experience is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong understanding and familiarity with project delivery
- Progressive experience working directly with clients developing relationships, with proven ability to win work
- Excellent leadership, communication, business development, project management, and client relation skills
- Ability to recruit new talent