Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you – don’t be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Railroad Public Projects Manager - Chicago, IL
We have a career opportunity for a Railroad Public Projects Manager. The Public Projects Manager will coordinate and facilitate public projects on behalf of our railroad clients in the Midwest region. As a Public Project Manager, you will be responsible for providing complete project management services for railroads, from owning project assignments and progressing projects through the preliminary engineering phase into the construction phase.
The manager may be located in one of Benesch’s offices or work remotely depending on the location, working with managers and support staff in other office locations.
The Impact You Will Have:
- Complete project management services for railroads and experience working with various local and state government agency project sponsors.
- Handle project assignments within a geographic Midwest region on behalf of the owning railroad, progressing them through the preliminary engineering phase, into and through the construction phase
- Performing project reporting and other file-related practices
- Use of timely and cost-effective coordination, reporting, and communication with the owning railroad’s managers.
- Opportunity to travel to railroad site locations. The manager may be located in one of Benesch’s offices or work remotely depending on the location working with managers and support staff located in other office locations.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related discipline required
- Minimum of 8 years of Class I or Shortline railroad experience preferred
- Licensed P.E. is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Proficient in Windows applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and other basic computer skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills with a track record for adhering to design budgets and schedules