Simply Put, A Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here. It’s a great place to work and grow your career.
Civil Designer - Manhattan, KS
We have an opportunity for a Civil Designer in our Manhattan, KS office. The candidate must have B.S. in civil engineering. We are reviewing candidates for a Designer role with 0-3 years of experience. E.I.T. preferred. KDOT experience a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and assimilate data.
- Perform basic analysis of project elements.
- Perform design calculations of project elements and backcheck work.
- Draw design details under direction of others.
- Compute quantities and demonstrate awareness of relationships to pay items.
- Assist team by performing miscellaneous work in a cooperative manner.
- Organize calculations to be included in design files, following project standards.
- Follow project-specific CADD procedures and adhere to them on a regular basis.
- Perform tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned.
- Coordinate drafting of an element.
- Use computer programs and spread sheets for engineering analysis.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to collaborate with others in a team environment relating to a variety of tasks.
- Cursory skills in creativity and good design judgment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of software appropriate for the discipline, showing proficiency in one or two programs specific for this role.
- Cursory knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Competent use of applicable CADD software.
- Competent use of Microsoft Office products.
- Basic writing skills, including emails and project memos.
- Use computer programs and spread sheets for engineering analysis and presentations.