Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Aviation Project Engineer
We have a career opportunity for an Aviation Project Engineer to join our growing Great Plains Region. As an Aviation Project Engineer, you will also contribute to strategic initiatives that drive the growth of the Aviation group. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of aviation design and be a licensed PE.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules including opportunities to work remotely, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for:
- Civil airfield design production coordinating with experienced aviation design staff
- Prepare multiple design projects at one time
- Perform complete basic analysis and design
- Develop thorough design details appropriate for the project
- Understand how to properly apply design standards/codes
- Prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates, and pay items.
- Begin to take ownership of all deliverables
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering (transportation emphasis is a plus)
- PE license
- Experience working on airport projects
- Preferred 2-4 years of aviation design experience
- Advanced understanding of MS Office and AutoCAD Civil3D
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good driving record and valid driver's license
- Experience in one or more areas of hydraulics, utility design, erosion control
Aviation Specific Experience Desired:
- Advanced understanding of the FAA Advisory Circulars and DOT design standards.
- Understanding of the FAA pavement design Advisory Circulars and pavement design software (FAARFIELD and COMFAA)
- Understanding of FAA lighting and Navigational Aids (NAVAIDs)
- Experience with the development of airport planning documents (ALPs and Master Plans)
- Advanced understanding of the FAA’s current construction specifications (AC 150/5370-10)
- Advanced understanding of FAA airport construction safety and the formulation of ‘Construction Safety and Phasing Plans’ (CSPPs) for both general aviation and commercial service (Part 139) airports
$34.00 to $38.00 /hr
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed-upon compensation is based on numerous factors, including but not limited to individual education, qualifications, prior work experience, and geographic location. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary, overtime, and bonuses.
Our benefits package is designed to take care of our employees. Benesch offers a generous paid time benefits plan that increases throughout your career plus several paid holidays. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision benefits. We also include company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability plans. Benesch offers a 401K plan and profit-sharing contributions to the 401K plan. From insurance and retirement plan to our wellness programs, we provide employee benefits that meet your wants and needs.