Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Aviation Designer – Atlanta, GA
We have a career opportunity for an Aviation Designer to join our growing Southeastern Region. As an Aviation Designer, you will also contribute to strategic initiatives that drive the growth of the Aviation group. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of aviation design and be an EIT.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules including opportunities to work remotely, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for:
- Civil airfield design production coordinating with experienced aviation design staff
- Prepare multiple design projects at one time
- Perform complete basic analysis and design
- Develop thorough design details appropriate for the project
- Understand how to properly apply design standards/codes
- Prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates, and pay items.
- Begin to take ownership of all deliverables
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering (transportation emphasis is a plus)
- EIT certification
- Internship or experience at other firms
- Experience working on airport projects
- Preferred 2-4 years of aviation design experience including internships
- Advanced understanding of MS Office and AutoCAD Civil3D
- Ability to perform basic analysis and design
- Ability to prepare components of design packages for assigned elements or projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Good communication skills (verbal and written - e-mails, project memos, reports, etc.)
- Good organizational skills
- Good driving record and valid driver's license
- Experience in one or more areas of hydraulics, utility design, erosion control
Aviation Specific Experience Desired:
- Advanced understanding of the FAA Advisory Circulars and GDOT design standards.
- Basic understanding of the FAA pavement design Advisory Circulars and pavement design software (FAARFIELD and COMFAA)
- Basic understanding of FAA lighting and Navigational Aids (NAVAIDs)
- Exposure to the development of airport planning documents (ALPs and Master Plans)
- Advanced understanding of the FAA’s current construction specifications (AC 150/5370-10)
- Advanced understanding of FAA airport construction safety and the formulation of ‘Construction Safety and Phasing Plans’ (CSPPs) for both general aviation and commercial service (Part 139) airports
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: