Simply Put, A Great Place to Work!
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Highway Project Manager - Glastonbury, CT
Benesch is hiring a Highway Project Manager with a successful CTDOT project experience track record to join our talented Connecticut team. As a Highway Project Manager, you play a key role in the growth of our Glastonbury, CT office, working on Highway design projects and developing plans for projects across Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules including opportunities to work remotely, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!
The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for:
- Serving as a project manager on transportation (state and municipal highway/roadway) projects
- Managing project teams, including budgets and schedules
- Mentoring junior staff
- Contributing to Connecticut Division and regional strategic growth initiatives
- Champion relationships with key clients, including CTDOT
- Representing Benesch at industry and professional engagement events
- Identifying opportunities and lead strategic project pursuits
- Displaying Leadership track potential
- Present findings thorough written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking at information meetings, client meetings, and interviews
What You Will Need:
- BSCE or related discipline
- Registered CT Professional Engineer
- Minimum of ten (10) years of design experience, including project management responsibility
- Experience working on CTDOT projects
- Seller/Doer mentality
- A track record of adhering to design budgets and project schedules
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Experience with MicroStation and Inroads required and understanding of Bentley-Connect and Open-Roads software desired
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience with traffic impact studies for public and private clients and experience Synchro/Sim Traffic software, Highway Capacity Software, and other traffic analysis programs considered a plus
- Understanding roadway drainage and bridge hydraulics is considered a plus