Simply Put, A Great Place to Work!
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Great potential to take career to next level.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Bridge Inspection Team Leader/Designer – Pittsburgh, PA
The Impact You Will Have:
Benesch is searching for a Bridge Inspection Team Leader/Designer to help make a difference in our Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania office. Bridge design, inspection, and rehabilitation are core strengths of Benesch. We have an established presence with work throughout Western Pennsylvania for a variety of clients including multiple PennDOT Districts and The City of Pittsburgh. This is an opportunity to join a talented group of individuals to help grow our emerging bridge inspection practice in Pennsylvania.
- The successful candidate for this position will be primarily responsible for bridge inspection services and engineering support.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for bridge inspection, report generation, and load rating analysis.
- The successful candidate will be required to work with a team on multiple bridge inspection projects.
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to coordinate, plan, market, and manage bridge inspection projects.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- NBIS Certified Bridge Safety Inspector (CBSI) in PA, with refresher training within the last 2 years
- BSCE or related discipline is preferred but not required.
- EIT and plan to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in Pennsylvania preferred but not required.
- Fracture Critical Inspection / Scour Evaluation training a plus.
- SPRAT certification a plus.
- Experience preparing reports for inspections, including iForms, BMS2, National Bridge Elements (NBE), etc.
- Familiarity with PennDOT Publications (PUB 100A, PUB 238, etc.).
- Experience with PennDOT roadway/bridge design and plan development preferred but not required.
- Bridge inspection assignments vary greatly, but physical requirements like climbing embankments and manipulating ladders should be expected.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- The candidate should not be averse to working at heights or adjacent to busy roadways.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Positive experience interacting with clients, agencies, and other project stakeholders.
- Accustomed to working in a team environment on challenging projects.
- Strong work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performing bridge safety inspections in accordance with NBIS and PennDOT Pub 238, and supervising team members in the completion of inspections and reports.
- Preparing neat and organized reports.
- Developing task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner.
- Performing tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned.
- Working independently under the guidance of a Project Manager/Senior Engineer.