Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Opportunity abounds here for those that seek it.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You’ll like it here, it’s a great place to work.
Asset Management Engineer/Technician – Kansas City; Manhattan; Topeka; Wichita
We are looking to hire an individual Asset Management Engineer/Coordinator to develop, implement and manage asset programs for a variety of public DOT, County, and City agencies. Asset programs include infrastructure in-service inspections, asset evaluation and ranking, database set-up and management, and integration with enterprise geographic information systems (GIS). The individual will design, develop, guide, and manage the implementation of infrastructure asset management systems including the development of concepts, program architecture/database design, cost estimates, decision-making systems, and data collection methods. Asset categories include, but are not limited to, bridges; pavements; sidewalks; signs; waterlines; pump stations; treatment plants; signals; and park infrastructure.
What You Will Need:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in engineering, geography, environmental science, or closely related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in performing data analysis and
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills
The ideal candidate will have experience in the collection, analysis, and reporting of asset information for multiple asset categories. Experience with Visual Basic programming, Crystal Reports and Microsoft SQL Server is desired. Any experience with Microsoft Power BI, or CMSS software such as Lucity, CarteGraph or City Works is a plus.
- Familiarity Level of Service Methodology
- Experience with Risk Mitigation & Integration
- Creation of Condition Scaling & Inspection Procedures
- Business development and client management
- Technical & Proposal Writing Experience
The Impact You Will Have:
- Development of online or other electronic data collection forms
- Development of Oracle or SQL Server Databases
- Preparing custom Microsoft Excel deliverables
- Customizing CMMS (Customized Maintenance Management Software) interfaces
- Coordinating with client IT professionals
- Developing custom Crystal Reports based on client needs
- Assuming responsibility and ownership of the assigned project components
- Understanding and monitoring the overall required scope and schedule for the project deliverables.
- Fostering the team environment and promoting team communication while assisting in identifying and addressing team conflicts
- Develop and propose asset valuation costs and life-cycle plans.
- Create, evaluate, and optimize delivery procedures for asset management strategies, including but not limited to: repair or replacement schedules, resource allocation, design methods, and maintenance plans.
- Develop, recommend, implement, and document improved coordinative workflows and standard operating procedures that directly impact asset information system design.
- Assist in the alignment of citywide resources including software and IT systems.
- Perform related work to the successful implementation of an asset management system and process, including but not limited to advanced spatial analysis, data science, data engineering, property document research, record drawing inventory, software configuration, and information systems support.
- Assist information engineers in coding, testing, implementing, and documenting projects.
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: