Simply Put, A Great Place to Work!
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Civil Traffic Project Engineer – Chicago, IL
Benesch is hiring a full-time Traffic Project Engineer to be a key member of the Civil Group working on various transportation projects with the state and local transportation agencies. The Traffic Project Engineer will be based out of our Chicago, IL office.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
As a Traffic Project Engineer, you will hold a PE license in IL. You will be responsible for assisting with delivering multiple projects for public and private clients with significant traffic engineering components. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate the collection and assimilation of data
- Perform traffic analysis using a variety of simulation software
- Review and interpret analysis from simulations and calculations
- Write traffic impact studies, interchange justification reports, and transportation planning reports
- Design and layout various intersection and corridor improvements, including roundabouts, diverging diamond interchanges, and other innovative designs
- Develop plans and specifications for traffic management during construction, pavement marking and signage, and traffic signals
- Mentor and oversee work done by entry-level engineers and technicians
- Develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Perform tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Work independently under the guidance of a Project Manager
- Work with design teams on larger projects
- Provide thorough written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
- BS in civil engineering or a related discipline required
- Minimum of 8 years of related civil transportation and traffic engineering analysis and design experience desired, IDOT or Illinois Tollway experience a plus
- PE licensure required
- Experience with Synchro/Sim Traffic software, Highway Capacity Software, and other traffic analysis programs
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills with a track record for adhering to design budgets and schedules
- Ability to perform complex analysis and design
- Ability to assemble a complete design package for assigned elements or projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment