Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable environment and work hard to maintain a culture that is collaborative, supportive, and respectful to work/life balance. As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
Civil Transportation Designer - Glastonbury, CT
We have a great career opportunity for an entry-level Civil Transportation Designer to help grow our Glastonbury, CT office. Primarily responsibilities include working on highway & roadway designs and developing roadway plans for CTDOT, Municipal and private clients across CT! This position will be based out of our Glastonbury, CT office.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid overtime, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules including opportunities to work remotely, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with!
What You Will Need:
- BSCE or related discipline
- Minimum of two years of design experience
- EIT and plan to obtain Registered CT Professional Engineer
- Experience designing roadway projects and developing plans in accordance with CTDOT standards
- Experience preparing plan set for CTDOT
- Experience with MicroStation and InRoads
- Working knowledge of ORD is desired
- Autocad/Civil3D experience preferred
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment on challenging projects
- Developing task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Work to build and enhance relationships with key clients, including CTDOT
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document: