Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity acknowledges, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain, in the beautiful and special territory of Treaty 7. We recognize the past, present, and future generations of Stoney Nakoda, Blackfoot, Tsuut'ina Nations, and Métis from Region 3, who help us steward this land, as well as honour and celebrate this place.
Physical Facilities at Banff Centre is looking for a Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic to perform installation, repair, and preventative maintenance work on all refrigeration equipment, air conditioners, heat pumps, etc in all Banff Centre buildings on campus.
- Assisting in minor repairs, adjustments of controls, chemical treatment, or other duties as assigned.
- Coordinating the inspections and reporting of all requirements under the Federal Halocarbon Regulations.
- Taking an active role in the Preventative Maintenance Program as established by the Physical Facilities Department, in addition to the regular duties as a Refrigeration Mechanic.
- Understanding building codes, rules, and regulations and reading and interpreting blueprints and technical materials.
- May direct and train an apprentice.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- Completion of Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic certification.
- Proven mechanical experience and working knowledge and skills in additional electrical function areas.
- Self-motivated and reliable to follow-through and carry-out assignments.
- Able to effectively work independently as well as part of a team.
- A positive problem-solver.
- This position requires a valid Alberta driver's license.
- The nature of the work will require maneuvering through limited access spaces and occasionally working outdoors.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, permanent, salaried support staff position, subject to a 6-month probation period.
- This position pays $65,637 per year working a consistent 37.5 hours per week. A compressed work schedule will be considered after satisfying the probation period.
- The successful candidate will have access to a range of benefits through Alberta Blue Cross and will be eligible to participate in our defined benefit pension plan.
- Benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff housing options (based on availability)
- Professional Development
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate – first month free for new staff!
- Free or reduced admission to Banff Centre performance and events.
- We are accepting applications for the Refrigeration Mechanic until a suitable candidate has been found.
- At this time we are only able to consider candidates with certification recognized in Alberta. For more information please visit http://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/experiencedworkers/qualification-certificate/ .
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record prior to an extension of a final employment offer.
- Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Banff Centre is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
All Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 . Accommodation will be made for those who are legitimately exempted from vaccination requirements. Employment candidates must demonstrate during the recruitment process that they are Fully Vaccinated in accordance with the Centre’s COVID-19 Vaccination Directive as a pre-condition of employment.
Commitment to Diversity
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive campus for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Guided by our values, Banff Centre is rooted in Alberta with provincial, national and global impact. Our strength arises from inclusion; the diversity of people, ideas, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds in our work and team. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression to apply.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for above. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Banff Centre. The information is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of it is done so in a secure matter.