Food and Beverage Supervisor
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity aims to inspire everyone who attends our campus – artists, leaders, and thinkers – to unleash their creative potential.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity acknowledges, with deep respect and gratitude, our home on the side of Sacred Buffalo Guardian Mountain, in the beautiful and special territory of Treaty 7. We recognize the past, present, and future generations of Stoney Nakoda, Blackfoot, Tsuut'ina Nations, and Métis from Region 3, who help us steward this land, as well as honour and celebrate this place.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is one of the premier culinary destinations in the Bow Valley. We are proud to boast three fantastic restaurants (Three Ravens Restaurant & Wine Bar, Maclab Bistro and Vistas Dining Room), where our menus have been inspired by fresh, local ingredients and are infused with creativity. We also hold numerous banquets and receptions throughout the year where our guests are able to experience creative, memorable and inspirational menus that leave a lasting impression.
The Food and Beverage department is looking for experienced and enthusiastic Supervisors to assist in the smooth and efficient operation of food and beverage services across campus, ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service. A hands-on leader, professional in appearance and attitude, the Food and Beverage Supervisors will rotate working in all food and beverage outlets.
- Directing the daily work of all food and beverage employees, ensuring adherence to company policies and the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Participating in the recruitment, selection, and training of staff as needed
- Coordination of banquets and special functions with the Kitchen, ensuring that the banquet functions rooms are set up according to the banquet event orders
- Maintaining the cleanliness and upkeep of all food and beverage areas and equipment at all times
- Daily issuing of cash floats, receiving reconciled cash-outs, and remitting to the Finance department
Qualification and Educational Requirements
- Minimum 3 years' experience in food and beverage service; priority will be given to candidates with experience in fine dining, a la carte, bartending, and banquet set-up and service
- Previous experience leading a team in a food and beverage environment
- Knowledge of Alberta Serve Safe, and completion of Alberta ProServe is required
- Comfortable working knowledge of MS Office and point of sales machines
- A valid Alberta or international equivalent driver's license
- Available for shift work, overtime, and split-shifts as needed
- Due to the nature of the job, this position requires the candidate to be available to work a flexible, irregular schedule and weekends.
- This position will be required to have emergency first aid; training will be provided.
Employment Terms & Benefits
- In accordance with the terms of employment governing Management/PSP employees, this is a permanent, full time position, subject to a 6 month probation period working 40 hours per week.
- The successful candidate will enjoy twenty paid vacation days and four personal days annually, extended medical and dental benefits, and participation in an employer-matched pension plan.
- Benefits of working at Banff Centre are:
- Staff housing options (based on availability)
- Professional development
- Staff cafeteria and restaurant discounts
- Onsite fitness facility at a discounted rate – first month free for new staff!
- Free or reduced admission to Banff Centre performance and events.
- We are accepting applications for the Food and Beverage Supervisor positions until suitable candidates are found.
- Candidates offered a position with Banff Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be finalized.
- Visa Requirements: Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Banff Centre is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
All Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 . Accommodation will be made for those who are legitimately exempted from vaccination requirements.Employment candidates must demonstrate during the recruitment process that they are Fully Vaccinated in accordance with the Centre’s COVID-19 Vaccination Directive as a pre-condition of employment.
Commitment to Diversity
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive campus for students, faculty, staff and visitors. Guided by our values, Banff Centre is rooted in Alberta with provincial, national and global impact. Our strength arises from inclusion; the diversity of people, ideas, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds in our work and team. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression to apply.
Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for above. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Banff Centre. The information is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of it is done so in a secure matter.