Senior Project Manager – Global Supply Chain
The Senior Project Manager, Global Supply Chain reports to the Senior Director, works across the BGI organization to support the technical leaders, and field experts and technical project managers. This person will play a key role in project management, facilitation, and general operational support for day-to-day activities for cross-team efforts, and high priority strategic initiatives in alignment with business strategy and team goals. This person will work closely with product, engineering, manufacturing and supply chain, and senior management within the company.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day support for the project team
- Lead cross-functional activities in supply chain for overall operational readiness to prepare for entering to MP phase.
- Lead effort to create project management processes, best practices, tools, dashboards for the ongoing project initiatives
- Act as focal point of contact between organization and vendors and suppliers.
- Drive vendors to meet schedule and specification to ensure delivery qualities.
- Work and assist the internal customers to ensure alignment
- Collaborate with research and development team on all initiatives and lead progress, actions, and checkpoint reviews
- Negotiate with contract manufacturer and supplier to assemble a successful project team
- Facilitate the agreement of reasonable project-level budgets and deadlines with the vendors and suppliers
- Assess historical performance to improve future performance
- Apply change, risk and resource management to tasks and groups
- 8-10 years project or related management experience in consumer or medical products
- BS in ME/EE degree or related degrees in management of technology
- PMP certification required
- Strong knowledge of project management, and proven success in project management with the ability to demonstrate in the past
- Experience in medical device industries preferred
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- Outstanding performance evaluation skills
- Ability to leverage a diverse set of people, opinions and backgrounds to produce excellent results
- Develop strong working relationships with cross functional teams to best understand and deliver business goals and priorities
- Report project status and deliver executive briefings to update senior management team of project process performance
- Experience working with off-shore manufacturers
- International travel is required (approximately 10-20%)
- Procurement and contract experience
- Knowledge of utilizing ERP system
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience
- Fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com .
Complete Genomics provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.