Field Application Scientist, NGS - Virginia (Remote)
Reports to: Director of Field and Sales Support
Department: MGIA FAS - USA
Location: US Northeast Region including the Greater Boston Area, Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), Delaware (DE), Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania (PA).
Complete Genomics (a US subsidiary of MGI Tech) is rapidly expanding our business as one of top-3 players in the 3-Billion US market and looking for a Field Application Scientist. This position provides an opportunity to join a fast-paced team and make an impact in life sciences, working towards our vision to enable effective and affordable healthcare solutions for all.
As the Field Application Scientist, reporting directly to the Director of Field and Sales Support, you will provide applications support (consultation, troubleshooting, customer training, technical advice) to MGI's customers in United States. You will also be responsible for collaborating across different internal groups including sales/marketing, and providing support to help develop, implement and manage business strategy for the company.
- Coordinate and conduct customer training for MGI products and applications.
- Troubleshoot issues related to experimental design, data processing, software operation, sample preparation and chemical reaction. Perform preliminary on-site failure analysis to identify root cause and feedback to corresponding company department or personnel.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Support sales efforts through technical presentations, customer management or organizing seminars.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current Commercial initiatives and strategies; maintain close collaboration with Commercial team to act on current initiatives and opportunities. Maintain proficiency in all product lines, instruments as well as applications from competitors and keep up with latest advancements in the field of NGS.
- Direct interaction with MGI product end-users and channel partners.
- Direct interaction with Product Support group, consisting of Product Management, Market Development Specialists, and Field Service Engineers.
- Maintain close relationship with global FAS colleagues, with the intent to promote collaboration, sharing of best-practices, learning, and overall communication.
- Ownership of content/program creation and facilitation of field-based product line demonstrations and trainings.
- Creation of reports at the completion of field travel to document visit outcome.
- Act as voice of the customer and provide product feedback to departments such as Product Support, R&D, and Marketing.
- Own and create content/program for technical workshops/training as directed by leadership. Represent the MGI business through participation at various global NGS related tradeshows/conferences as requested by Marketing team.
- Serve as Product Support core team member for all products. Provide feedback and direct involvement in the creation and maintenance of product documentation such as, product inserts and instructions-for-use, from the perspective of ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Act as a key contributor of customer feedback to marketing and product development teams.
- Proactively share experience, knowledge and skills to peers and help to build an organization with strong professionalism. Coach and mentor new hires as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or above in Genetics, Molecular Biology or Bioinformatics or related subject. With NGS academic training or background or work experience preferred. Undergraduate with outstanding knowledge and skills is welcomed as well.
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region. For training or occasional special calls, international travel including to China and other Americas countries is required (where permitted).
- Prior field experience supporting customers in a highly technical field preferred.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated both written and verbal communication and training/presentation skills.
- Excellent learning ability. Experience working in an international company and biomedical instrumentation or technology preferred.
- Must be able and willing to travel, >50% time
Complete Genomics (a US subsidiary of MGI Tech) is a world leader in genetic sequencing platforms and lab automation solutions. MGI is one of the fastest growing biotechnology companies in the United States, pushing the boundaries of genomics research and healthcare with innovative new sequencing and robotics technologies. Complete Genomics Inc is committed to building core tools and technology to lead life science through intelligent innovation.
MGI focuses on R&D, production and sales of DNA sequencing instruments, reagents and related products to support life science research, agriculture, precession medicine and healthcare. With thousands of instruments worldwide, our proven technologies and products are well accepted by scientific research community and clinical diagnostic customers.
MGI offers its eligible employees and their dependents (including domestic partners) a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including but not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Commuter Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- 20 PTO days and 11 holidays per year
MGI does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
MGI will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of MGI and will be processed accordingly without fee.
MGI has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MGI provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.