Clinipace is a global full-service clinical research organization (CRO) serving the unique needs of venture-backed, mid-tier and strategic pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device firms. We help our customers advance drug candidates to deliver successful stakeholder and patient outcomes. We leverage extensive therapeutic knowledge, clinical trial expertise, and comprehensive innovative technology to support life science firms in achieving some of their most important goals: Executing regulatory strategies, optimizing clinical development timelines and completing high quality trials. We are proud to have a culture that is vibrant, supportive, performance-driven, and passionate while focusing on continual learning and development. Clinipace associates are passionate about their lives and bring that same passion to their work at Clinipace.
Job Title: Contract Analyst
Job Location: United States (Home Based)
Manager contract development process to support an efficient, high quality and timely contracting process. The contract development process may include work orders, change orders, start-up agreements and other contracts which may be assigned from time to time to support the delivery of sponsor studies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishment and management of contracts submission process and timelines to exceed customer expectations and facilitate an efficient, high quality, and timely submission.
- Coordinate and prepare budget and contract revisions with Operations Directors, Project Manager, DBD, Project Analyst.
- Assist Project Managers and DBDs with scope change review with sponsors as needed.
- Contributes to establishment of payment terms on contracts and change orders with Finance and Legal as needed.
- Serve as a financial resource to Project Managers or other project team members.
- Periodic review of project finances, hours, units and milestones to ensure no missed change order opportunities.
- Partner with the Finance department to assess profit margin and ensure change order proposals capture costs.
- May need to attend and prepare content for project or company review meetings. Participate in quality or process improvement initiatives.
- Secondarily, manage budget rebid process associated with awarded studies and ensure timelines are met to exceed customer expectations and facilitate an efficient, high quality and timely submission. Schedule, participate in hand over calls, and budget review calls in accordance with submission timelines. Where needed may perform similar tasks for “pre-awarded” projects.
- Work with operational lead to obtain third party vendor budgets as necessary.
- Review third party contracts, full service contractual agreements inclusive of change in scope budgets and supporting legal documents as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Life Sciences, Business, or similar degree preferred
- 1 - 2 years of proposal development, change order development or project financial analyst experience, preferably in a CRO, Clinical Research, or healthcare industry environment.
- “Self-Starter”: Works with minimal supervision. Proactively identifies and communicates issues that require management approval or discussion.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communicates clearly, effectively and timely and is able to consistently choose the appropriate level, frequency and method of communication. Effectively communicates complex information throughout the organization, proactively and continuously. Demonstrates effective public speaking skills and is able to engage others in a presentation.
- Team Oriented: Works effectively with all co-workers, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills, Solution Oriented: Demonstrates an ability to analyze and solve problems. Approaches problems by focusing on workable solutions. Demonstrates a record of identifying opportunities for improvement and creating solutions through continuous and effective communications with management. Is seen by others as a resource on matters relating to budgets and analysis.
- Excellent Organization/Time Management: Makes aggressive commitments, keeps commitments, and is willing to be judged against them; Keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues. Demonstrates consistent ability to successfully prioritize work and meet deadlines. Keeps complete and accurate budget and project analysis records in compliance with company SOPs and processes. Works well under strict deadlines and has the ability to balance diversity in workload and prioritization of assignments
- Process Oriented: Continuously identifies new ways to improve quality and efficiencies while increasing profitability.
- Flexible, Change Agent: Can adjust to constantly changing deadlines and priorities. Has ability to be flexible when change occurs. Able to anticipate and bring about change when needed. Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
- Must have ability to multi- task and prioritize workload, be proactive and forward thinking, and be comfortable challenging operational leadership input.
- Excellent Technology Skills: Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel and Word. Able to create spreadsheets using complex formulas. Able to link data and spreadsheets. Ability to interpret and understand macros a plus. Navigate MS Excel, customize Excel driven formulas and trace dependencies, format Word documents and utilize Adobe PDF for submission finalization
- Proof-reading and Analytical Skills: Consistently produces complete and accurate spreadsheets and budgets. Proactively checks work and easily identifies and corrects errors. Consistently provides thorough and detailed review and feedback.
- Able to work at a computer for more than 6 hours in the day.
The company will not accept unsolicited resumes from third party vendors.