Zonar’s applications ensure the safety and effectiveness of school buses, freight, and vocational vehicles. Join the team that develops the applications that provide compliance and safety information for thousands of vehicles and drivers to fleet managers and dispatchers. As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, this role will report directly to the Software Development Manager for the Core API team. Responsibilities include writing server-side code for Google Cloud Platform based applications running on Kubernetes, creating robust high-volume production applications, and developing prototypes quickly. This role will also help create innovative ways to tackle analytics such as geospatial problems, machine learning, and trending analysis
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and develop the Zonar API platform, and backend components of the Zonar technology stack, providing workflow and insights to the fleet, compliance and driver managers who rely on our software every day
- Work in a fast-paced Scrum environment in a pod of 5-7 developers and designers delivering complete features for the end user
- Work with web applications, REST APIs, databases, and services
- Develop with CI/CD delivering to the Google Cloud Platform
- Work closely with other teams and other team members in guiding software architecture and technology decisions
- Follow software engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the team
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- A passion for developing products and working in teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in software development teams
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design with strong analytical and debugging skills
- Expertise in the Python language
- Experience building scalable solutions in a no downtime environment
- Experience with RESTful APIs and other web technologies and ability to pick up new languages and tools quickly
- Experience with database systems such as PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, ES, and BigTable.
- Experience in supporting complex new and legacy web applications
- Experience with metrics analytics tooling such as DataDog or Splunk with a mindset toward better understanding the complete state of your application via these tools
- Ability to work well with others, learn on the job, and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- A focus on user-oriented development and end-user satisfaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery/Continuous Deployment tooling and processes
BONUS: Familiarity with one or more of the following, Docker Containers, SQLAlchemy, Kubernetes, Google Cloud(Preferred), AWS, Databases such as PostgreSQL, BigTable, Kafka, or ElasticSearch.
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple markets. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a proven history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that efficiently and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly increasing safety while saving cost. Leveraging a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.
Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar also has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Our culture is based on ingenuity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company has grown to over 350 employees who are goal-oriented and fast-paced but understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, make a big impact on a rapidly evolving space, and have fun along the way!
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.