As the Installation Specialist you report directly to Installation Manager to assist in developing customer relationships, onboarding customers, and coordinating of installs. As the Installation Specialist will perform installations of Zonar equipment onsite, coordinate remote QC task as needed, as well as help develop and perfect the customer onboarding process. This role requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. You are the ideal candidate for this position if you are customer oriented, results driven, and passionate about delivering innovative quality services to delight our customers. To be successful, this role you thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, with expected travel of about 75%.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Update the Implementation Specialist of Installers and their certifications to install Zonar equipment
- Assist in developing a detailed onboarding process to bring on new certified installers
- Perform installations of Zonar equipment
- Assist the training department in the development of installation videos
- Assist in developing detailed installation instructions for Zonar’s products
- Develop and maintain QC process for new and existing equipment
- Escalate problems as necessary to proper departments or team members
- Provide advanced Hardware, Software, Firmware, Electrical, and system understanding & troubleshooting to the Customer Care Department
- Assist in developing a picture library and installation addendums to highlight equipment and backbone locations on all makes and models
- Engage with Engineering during prototype testing and evaluation
- Work with CVS to maintain and update Commercial Vehicle Library
- Provide advanced technical guides, illustrations, and troubleshooting materials
- Provide detailed installation training to customers and 3rd party vendors
- Provide documentation of data and pictures of installs to the implementations specialists
- Maintain records in CRM, SharePoint and Navision
- Provide proactive and reactive support to installer base
- Test new Zonar Products
- Perform remote troubleshooting on Zonar hardware/software
- Communicate customer requests, ideas, and suggestions
- Perform and maintain remote QC paperwork
- Help new customers install and implement Zonar Hardware and Software
- Conduct training sessions
- Verification/QC of 3rd party installers
- Perform ground level troubleshooting on Zonar hardware/software
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM
- A deep understanding of electronics and systems integration
- Electronic diagnostic tools (e.g. Oscilloscope, Volt-OHM meter)
- Commercial vehicle installation/service experience a plus
- Solid grasp of multiplex wiring systems
- Advanced troubleshooting
- Interdepartmental collaboration skills
- Ability to convey complex material in a simple understandable manner
- Creativity, initiative, accountability, leadership
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good people and presentation skills
- Ability to set goals and achieve scheduled deadlines
- Knowledge of Operating Systems and file systems
- Experience with technical writing and illustration a plus
- Formal Electronics training a plus (e.g. BA, AA, trade school, or Military).
- 1 year prior electronic installation and troubleshooting experience is required on commercial fleet vehicles.
- Experience in electronics or vehicle maintenance required
- Experience with customer service and training preferred
Founded in 2001, Zonar has pioneered smart fleet management technology by providing innovative technology that has changed fleet operations in the vocational, pupil and commercial trucking industries. With a unique focus on this field, the Company offers a complete suite of solutions and specialized platforms for our customers in multiple sectors. Our patented, award-winning technology keeps fleet owners and managers connected to their fleets and drivers to dispatchers. Zonar has a validated history of continuous innovation on behalf of our customers, providing products that expertly and easily track commercial fleets and assets, streamline reporting and significantly growing safety while saving cost. Using a portfolio of 150+ patents, we are building upon these data and related analytics services to create the next generation of software and services for the 15M target customers in the US alone.
Headquartered in Seattle and majority-owned by technology company Continental, Zonar also has a Technology Development Center in downtown Seattle, a regional office in Cincinnati, and a distribution center outside of Atlanta. Our culture is based on ingenuity, leadership, teamwork, excellence, passion, integrity, and fun! Our company has grown to over 350 employees who are ambitious and visionary but understand the importance of having a healthy work life balance. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fast-paced, growing, innovative company, make a huge impact on a rapidly evolving space, and have fun along the way!
We have strong company values and culture and would love to share why ours is an opportunity worth considering. We appreciate and respect diversity, and are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.