Sr People Operations Analyst
This position is primarily remote within the state of Texas and may require occasional in-office work.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws by maintaining current knowledge of trends, techniques, current developments in Human Resources and pending rules and regulations.
· Assists with developing a benefits strategy by recommending plan revisions based on Risk Pool needs and developing market trends; and facilitates the annual renewal and/or bid process for employee insurance and ancillary benefits by assisting in the development and reviewing of RFPs.
· Assists Risk Pool staff and management with questions, issues, qualifications, requirements, and procedures related to ADA, FMLA, long and short-term disability, and reasonable accommodations.
· Manages open enrollment by working with the third-party administrator to ensure accurate health plan and ancillary benefits; conducting open enrollment meetings with Pool staff; and assisting with and resolving insurance issues with staff and insurance carriers.
· Assists Risk Pool staff and retirees regarding Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS); 457(b), Roth, 401(a); and other benefits. Serves as Pool and retiree liaison to the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS); Processes all retirements in accordance with plan documents and effectively communicates those policies to retirees and prospective retirees.
· Assists in researching and assembling information for classification, compensation purposes, and other personnel studies.
· Develops and revises job descriptions; maintains job descriptions on the website; and assists with performing job analysis.
· Conducts job audits to determine appropriate classification and exemption status under the Fair Labor Standards Act and changes classifications as required.
· Continuously monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of assigned human resources functions and programs, service delivery methods and procedures; works with co-workers and supervisor on the continuous improvement of the People Operations Department.
· Participates and leads special projects as assigned.
· Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work schedule is essential.
· Maintains personnel and benefit files and records.
· Performs related duties.
· Knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
· Knowledge of human resources management principles.
· Knowledge of employee benefits administration.
· Knowledge of employee classification and compensation principles.
· Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
· Skill in decision making and problem solving.
· Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
· Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field, including but not limited to Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Psychology.
· Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the major principles relevant to the duties of the position and to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with three to five years’ experience or service in a professional level human resources position.
· Preferred certifications: SHRM-CP, PHR, CCP, CBP, or CEBS
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications.
This position offers a complete and comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Major Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance (may add qualified dependents)
- Participation in the Texas Municipal Retirement System
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan with Roth option
- Employee Assistance Program via Deer Oaks
- Personal Financial Advisor available through TCG Financial Services
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal, & Holiday Paid Time Off
The Pool is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.