Kentfield Rehabilitation and Specialty Hospital, a Vibra Healthcare Hospital, is Northern California's most comprehensive source of extended acute and rehabilitation providing specialized inpatient and outpatient programs. We provide quality services that are patient-centered and family-oriented with outcomes which surpass our competitors. Under the medical direction of board-certified hospitalists and other physician specialists, our dedicated interdisciplinary teams provide a coordinated, comprehensive treatment approach to a wide range of pulmonary, neurological and complex medical problems.
Located just 20 minutes North of San Francisco in beautiful Marin County, our 60 bed long term acute care (LTAC) hospital is located in a tranquil setting surrounded by trees, and a view of Mount Tamalpais, flowers and a creek. Kentfield Rehabilitation and Specialty Hospital is enjoying unprecedented success due to a like-minded management team and a steady census. Our stable organization offers competitive salary and benefits, free on-site parking, an outstanding hospital to work at and an opportunity to make a serious impact in our patients’ lives!
Kentfield Hospital and Kentfield Hospital - San Francisco are seeking Part time and PRN Pharmacist to join our team to support both our campuses!
The Pharmacist is responsible for the filling and dispensing of medication orders, including the proper handling, usage and storage of drugs in the Pharmacy. Maintain standards set forth by the department and translate policies and procedures into daily operations. Responsible for acting as an information resource to patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals regarding medication therapy and drug-related information and literature. Provides a coordination effort, in conjunction with the medical staff and nursing, in the delivery of quality and cost-effective drug therapies to patients. Participates in the hospital Antibiotic Stewardship Program with a focus on patient safety and public health. Demonstrates a competency to provide pharmaceutical care to patients of all relevant age groups. Provides leadership in the absence of the Director as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree from a College/School of Pharmacy required.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Pharmacist in the state of employment required.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred.
- Experience with pharmacokinetics and anticoagulation preferred.
- TPN experience preferred.
- Current, valid and active BLS and ACLS certifications from a Vibra-approved vendor preferred.
- Previous acute care experienced preferred.
- Automated pharmacy dispensing.
- IV Laminar flow hood.
- Electronic medical records experienced preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.