Come grow with Vibra Healthcare, where we manage from the bedside up every day. Join a strong, knowledgeable company that values each employee as an individual. Our expanding organization wants compassionate healthcare professionals like you to help us get our patients back to better.
Vibra Rehab Hospital of Rancho Mirage is seeking a Per Diem Case Management Assistant to join our growing team!
The Case Management Assistant provides clerical and administrative support to the Case Management team to facilitate care coordination, discharge planning, and utilization review. This may include but is not limited to: Tracking dates that concurrent reviews are due to third party payors; Obtaining updated clinical information from the EMR/Chart or the managed care forms filled out by case managers, and faxing to third party payors; Obtaining fax confirmation and making follow up calls to verify concurrent review information was received; Obtaining authorizations and documenting these with accuracy in the HMS financial system. After receiving training may assist with issuing the Medicare Important Message. Assists with initial post discharge referrals and makes follow up calls to providers regarding referrals and acceptance. Assists with arrangement of post-acute care services such as Home Health, Durable Medical Equipment, Outpatient Dialysis, Outpatient Infusion and Wound Care Centers, and post discharge transportation. Assists with preparation and completeness of discharge packets that accompany patients to Skilled Nursing, Subacute, and Acute Rehab Facilities. Assists in arranging post discharge physician appointments with primary care physician and specialist. May conduct post discharge calls to patients and providers and refer to appropriate disciplines if additional follow up is needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as an Administrative Assistant or higher role required.
- Previous experience in a health care or health insurance setting required.
- Significant computer/data gathering and processing experience required.
- One (1) year of college preferred.
- Acute Care Hospital experience preferred.
- Experience working with Third Party Payor’s preferred.
- Knowledge of reimbursement programs, case management, and discharge planning preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory standards, and Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to understand and complete work under deadlines.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing, and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.