Who We Are - Louis Berger Services (LBS)
At Louis Berger Services (LBS), we specialize in global turnkey power projects, infrastructure operations, maintenance, logistics and ground support services. As people-focused safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that help preserve infrastructure and improve initiatives for sustainability, power services, travel, commuter safety, and more.
Louis Berger Services, Inc. (LBS) is currently looking for a full-time Project Manager to manage a $30 million, 5-year project delivering Bundled Interstate Maintenance Services (BIMS) interstate asset maintenance services to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), Richmond District. The Project Manager (PM) provides overall management of the project, to include workplace/public safety, client management, achieving quality standards, workforce scheduling, budget control, contract compliance and reporting. Project is located in Templeton, VA, eligible candidates will be considered for relocation.
*This position is contingent upon award of contract*
- Implements a comprehensive safety program and ensures a safety culture across entire project.
- Manages all aspects of scope, schedule and budget to drive efficiency and financial success.
- Directs two to four managers, with 20-40 total employees in the execution of daily operations.
- Responsible for customer service, problem and conflict resolution, quality assurance, deliverables and other scope requirements.
- Manages client relationship as the main point of contact for the VDOT and stakeholders.
- Coordinates with corporate resources on logistics, recruitment, third party claims, accounting, safety, quality assurance and information technology.
- Maintains VDOT assets to required performance, procedural, regulatory and legal standards.
- Maintains passing Maintenance Ratings Program (MRP) scores.
- Assists supervisors in establishing work plans to maintenance/repair activities, e.g. drainage, pavement, mowing, line striping, landscaping, signage, bridges, etc.
- Able to respond to emergency situations (e.g. hurricanes, floods, etc.) twenty-four hours a day.
- Abides by and ensures compliance with company processes, policies and procedures.
- Performs all other duties as prescribed by management.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree plus seven (7) years of overall work experience; associates degree plus nine (9) years of overall work experience or 12 years of overall work experience in lieu of a degree. Engineering degree or Project Management Professional a plus.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in a management position delivering roadway maintenance or construction, asset maintenance, field operations management, or highway/roadway operations. Transportation, state or local government experience a plus.
- Supervisor experience demonstrating excellent leadership, management, planning, administration, financial, budgeting, reporting experience and supervisory authority with similar projects.
- Knowledge of elementary engineering principles and standard methods.
- Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings and plans.
- Knowledge of the federal, state and departmental safety regulations applicable to the work.
- Knowledge of various highway maintenance equipment, materials, field operations and records.
- Ability to present briefings/presentations to senior government personnel.
- Able to prioritize variable/fluctuating and demanding workload to include flexible work hours/days as needed to meet schedule.
- Must be able to professionally interact with customers of all levels.
- Shall have completed the Basic and Intermediate Work Zone Traffic Control, National Incident Management System (NIMS) 100’s, 200’s, 300’s, 400’s, 700, and 800’s training and the VDOT Level 1 Incident Commander Training course within one (1) month of assuming the role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, including the ability to develop and use spreadsheets.
- Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand government guidance for day to day work requirements, bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
- Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, bend or stoop in confined spaces, climb ladders, walk for extended periods of time, work under stressful conditions, and move heavy objects.
- Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Successful results of pre-employment screenings, including federal background check, MVR, and drug screen
- Comply with Company Drug and Alcohol policy
- Must be authorized to work in the US or will be authorized by the successful candidate’s start date
Compensation and Benefits
Louis Berger Services, Inc. is focused on providing health and financial stability throughout an employee’s career. LBS provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, retirement savings, 16 days of paid time off, 8 paid holidays, parental leave, continuing education reimbursement, and more.
Expected Salary: $110,000 - $140,000
LBS is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the Company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. LBS reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- Louis Berger Services, member of WSP USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 10+ years
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: S PRINCE GEORGE - COURTLAND RD
- All locations: US-NC-Roanoke Rapids, US-VA-Alberta, US-VA-Emporia, US-VA-Lawrenceville, US-VA-Petersburg, US-VA-Richmond, US-VA-South Hill, US-VA-Templeton
Louis Berger Services specializes in turnkey power projects, infrastructure operations, maintenance, logistics, and ground support operations. Incorporated in 2012, LBS operates around the globe serving as a trusted partner to national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
Louis Berger Services specializes in operation and maintenance services at large, mission-essential military installations and transportation facilities worldwide. A trusted partner to federal government agencies, we provide expertise in aerial port operations, contingency logistics and ground support services, turnkey power and fueling solutions, as well as heavy vehicle maintenance for defense and security customers. We also provide industry leading transportation asset maintenance services to state and local customers across the United States.
At the core of everything we do is our guarantee to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.