Who We Are - Louis Berger Services (LBS)
At Louis Berger Services (LBS), we specialize in global turnkey power projects, infrastructure operations, maintenance, logistics and ground support services. As people-focused safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that help preserve infrastructure and improve initiatives for sustainability, power services, travel, commuter safety, and more.
LBS is seeking a part-time Gate Agent at our location at BWI Airport, Baltimore, Maryland. The ideal candidate will process passengers through an air terminal using automated and non-automated systems in accordance with AMCI 24-101, and DTR 4500.9R, Parts I and III, as well as perform other required duties to ensure smooth operation of the air terminal. Join our team and grow with us as we provide best in-class services that help clients solve their most complex challenges.
- Process passengers through an air terminal using automated and non-automated systems in accordance with the applicable guidelines.
- Handle and collect funds as necessary for excess luggage and other travel incidentals that passengers are required to pay for at the terminal.
- Gate passengers in accordance with governing directives by reviewing military issued orders/authorization to travel documentation and determine travel eligibility; operate terminal security equipment; perform Lost and Found baggage procedures; and maintain Space Available and Space Required passenger listings.
- Process baggage for passengers ensuring that it is tagged correctly and meets travel requirements/limitations.
- Perform passenger briefings as required for safety and travel requirements.
- Transport passengers, aircrew and company employees as required.
- Process Distinguished Visitors (DVs) in coordination with the Protocol office.
- Maintain cleanliness of passenger terminal facilities inside and out to include restrooms, common areas, to ensure safety standards are met.
- Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
- Uses all equipment safely
- Performs other duties as required
Who You Are
- 18+ years of age
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing
- Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand AMCI guidance for day to day work requirements.
- Must have computer skills to be able to operate and understand the web based Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES) and/or any replacement government system.
- Must have the appropriate DOD security clearance as required by the PWS or SOW.
- Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
- The following are desirable skills for the position:
- Experience as a gate agent working with passengers and other traveling customers or experience in a customer services related position.
- Experience handling and accounting for monies collected
- Successful results of pre-employment screenings, including federal background check, MVR, and drug screen
- Comply with Company Drug and Alcohol policy
- Louis Berger Services, member of WSP USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 1+ years
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Part
- Primary Location: BALTIMORE - MARKET PL
- All locations: US-MD-Baltimore
Louis Berger Services specializes in turnkey power projects, infrastructure operations, maintenance, logistics, and ground support operations. Incorporated in 2012, LBS operates around the globe serving as a trusted partner to national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
Louis Berger Services specializes in operation and maintenance services at large, mission-essential military installations and transportation facilities worldwide. A trusted partner to federal government agencies, we provide expertise in aerial port operations, contingency logistics and ground support services, turnkey power and fueling solutions, as well as heavy vehicle maintenance for defense and security customers. We also provide industry leading transportation asset maintenance services to state and local customers across the United States.
At the core of everything we do is our guarantee to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.