Who We Are - Louis Berger Services (LBS)
At Louis Berger Services (LBS), we specialize in global turnkey power projects, infrastructure operations, maintenance, logistics and ground support services. As people-focused safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that help preserve infrastructure and improve initiatives for sustainability, power services, travel, commuter safety, and more.
Louis Berger Services, (LBS) is seeking a Full-Time Highway Maintenance Technician in Orlando/Ocoee, FL to perform general maintenance of the highway maintenance projects assigned.
- Performs landscape maintenance duties such as mowing, herbicide and fertilizer application, weed control, spring clean-up, fall clean-up, tree trimming, and pruning
- Cleans and grades ditches, stormwater drainage structures, highway road shoulders, slopes
- Performs general maintenance duties such as fence repair, sign repair and replacement, and litter and debris removal
- Performs Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) / temporary traffic control
- Provides after-hours emergency incident response during scheduled on-call rotation
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Performs preventative maintenance on company vehicles or equipment
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment such as bed edgers, commercial mowers (z-turns and bush hogs), tractors, mini-excavators, skid steers, gators, blowers, dump trailers, chain saws, line trimmers, forklifts, and more
- Drives company trucks, towing trailers and rolling arrow boards if necessary
- Logs maintenance work-order information and checklists manually and electronically
- Loads and unloads equipment, supplies, tools, and material
- Uses all equipment, tools, materials, and supplies safely
- Performs other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 18+ years of age
- Must be able to effectively communicate with managers and coworkers in English
- Possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation to and from Company office
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. regularly
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work multiple shifts and varying hours, including nights, weekends, and overtime
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to work along local roadways, interstates, and or/highways with commuter traffic passing by at varying rates of speed
- Obtain MOT certificate (coursework and certification paid for by LBS)
- Successful results of pre-employment screenings, including federal background check, MVR, and drug screen
- Must be authorized to work in the US or will be authorized by the successful candidate’s start date
- 1+ year of experience working in roadway operations, construction, utilities, or landscaping
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- MOT Certified
- Agricultural Pesticide Applicator’s License
- Ability to drive manual transmission
- CDL A or B
- Louis Berger Services, member of WSP USA, is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Other (as noted in the Description)
- Minimum Years Experience: 1+ years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: OCOEE - OCOEE BUSINESS PKWY
- All locations: US-FL-Ocoee, US-FL-Orlando, US-FL-Sanford
Louis Berger Services specializes in turnkey power projects, infrastructure operations, maintenance, logistics, and ground support operations. Incorporated in 2012, LBS operates around the globe serving as a trusted partner to national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
Louis Berger Services specializes in operation and maintenance services at large, mission-essential military installations and transportation facilities worldwide. A trusted partner to federal government agencies, we provide expertise in aerial port operations, contingency logistics and ground support services, turnkey power and fueling solutions, as well as heavy vehicle maintenance for defense and security customers. We also provide industry leading transportation asset maintenance services to state and local customers across the United States.
At the core of everything we do is our guarantee to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.