Who We Are - LBS
We are LBS and we specialize in operational excellence for defense mission and public critical infrastructure and facilities, globally. We offer turnkey operation and management solutions to reduce risk and life-cycle costs. As people-focused, safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that partners with national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
At the core of everything we do are our values: safety, ethics, respect, value, inclusion, community and excellence. These values are instilled into all of our relationships, projects, programs, and activities enabling us to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.
LBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
LBS is seeking a full-time Facility Maintenance Technician in Ocoee, FL. The position is responsible for performing repairs on various types of commercial facilities. As part of a maintenance team, the Maintenance Technician will perform routine, reactive and emergency maintenance of facilities and its components. Join our team and grow with us as we provide best in-class services that help clients solve their most complex challenges.
- Performs preventive and routine maintenance for various building components to include electrical systems, plumbing, interior/exterior finishes, lighting, roofing systems, etc.
- Repair and/or replace electrical devices to include light switches, ballasts, fixtures, outlets, circuit breakers, fuses, etc.
- Repair and/or replacement of building doors, door hardware, windows, floor tile, ceiling tile, drywall, etc.
- Perform plumbing work such as clearing clogged lines, installation and/or repair of new plumbing fixtures, repairs water leaks, etc.
- Inspects all HVAC systems to include fans, exhausts, ductwork, etc.
- Inspects building roofs, flashings, masonry, building interiors & exteriors, walkways, stairways, offices, and common areas
- Repair and monitor safety equipment such as fire "Exit" signs and emergency lighting. Make general repairs of emergency doors, etc.
- Perform or oversee contractor performance of preventive maintenance tasks and repair work to the highest quality standards
- Demonstrate good safety practices and establish work areas compliant with OSHA safety standards and practices
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Project Manager
- Requires travel to various facilities on the CFX Highway System, company vehicle provided
- Opportunities for overtime and work on nights and weekends may be required
- Logs maintenance work-order information and checklists manually and electronically
- Loads and unloads equipment, supplies, tools, and material
- Uses all equipment safely
- Performs other duties as required
Who You Are
- 18+ years of age
- Must be able to effectively communicate with managers and coworkers in English
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License
- 3+ years’ experience working in a commercial maintenance or construction position
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience with various types of building components and systems. Electrical experience with knowledge of fire detection and suppression systems a plus.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard power tools and equipment in a safe and proficient manner, ability to operate heavy equipment/machinery a plus.
- Operate a vehicle and tow an attached trailer
- Ability to work along local roadways, interstates, and or/highways with commuter traffic passing by at varying rates of speed
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and carry up to 25 lbs. regularly
- Ability to walk, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work multiple shifts and varying hours, including nights, weekends, and overtime
- Basic computer skills with Windows based systems
- Obtain MOT certificate (coursework and certification paid for by LBS)
- Successful results of pre-employment screenings, including federal background check, MVR, and drug screen
- Must be authorized to work in the US or will be authorized by the successful candidate’s start date
- LBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Other (as noted in the Description)
- Minimum Years Experience: 1 year
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: OCOEE - OCOEE BUSINESS PKWY
- All locations: US-FL-Ocoee