Who We Are - LBS
We are LBS and we specialize in operational excellence for defense mission and public critical infrastructure and facilities, globally. We offer turnkey operation and management solutions to reduce risk and life-cycle costs. As people-focused, safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that partners with national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
At the core of everything we do are our values: safety, ethics, respect, value, inclusion, community and excellence. These values are instilled into all of our relationships, projects, programs, and activities enabling us to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.
LBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The Deputy Project Manager supports the Project Manager in planning and executing projects required in the performance of a United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Recurring Maintenance and Minor Repair (RMMR) task order. Duties include supporting project execution throughout its lifecycle; tracking and coordinating administrative requirements such as performance metrics, schedules, and budgets; utilizing computerized maintenance systems; ensuring clients’ or stakeholders’ requirements are met; processing of invoices; managing and guiding project team members when needed.
*This position is contingent upon award of contract.*
This position is REMOTE.
- Support project manager in the successful performance of assigned contract, according to performance standards in the USACE Performance Work Statement (PWS).
- Support and coordinate with maintenance personnel to accomplish maintenance and repairs in accordance with government criteria and produce project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Guide assigned personnel in the performance of Service Order work for corrective maintenance and minor repairs via computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) or Microsoft Excel.
- Lead the measurement of project performance using tools and techniques to track completion of action items and develop baseline metrics of success, including burn rates, gross and net profit margins, cost variance, customer satisfaction as well as Quality, Health and Safety-related measures/trends.
- Complete special assignments, report development, contract proposals, etc. in support of Project Manager or management team. Review technical reports for accuracy and information requiring action by the project team.
- Approve contract invoices in accounting software/platform after a technical review of documents for thoroughness and accuracy. Investigate any errors, omissions, issues to ensure promptness of payment.
- Support or lead development of technical proposals or amendments for the award of contract modifications, due to change of conditions or new asset inventory additions.
- Engage project team and support staff on financial tracking of contract line items, reconciliation of differences between company and government financial systems, and forecasts of contract financial performance to include budget forecasting.
- Conduct/attend scheduled contract meetings in support of contract performance or as requested by stakeholders.
- Participate in the hiring process, mentoring, and training staff assigned to applicable contract.
- Communicate information on contract-related issues through management and notify appropriate stakeholders. Utilize professional communications to engage Government stakeholders for needed actions, resolution of issues, or submission of deliverables.
- Supports in-field work, to include Initial Site Visits (ISVs) if required, and other duties as deemed necessary for successful contract execution.
Who You Are
- Five years of project management in a technical field; experience working on/with USACE projects is preferred. Experience in the DoD/Civilian fuels industry is preferred.
- Associate’s degree or greater; technical background, including project management, is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, Database, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Ability to use/learn Quickbase, eMaint, MaintainX, Timberland and/or other software programs that manage information and schedules.
- Can work independently and is self-motivated; works well towards timelines and goals.
- Has the ability to use mathematical concepts, including fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; can conduct problem-solving.
- Ability to use/understand accrual accounting methods, as it pertains to billing and revenue.
- Proven ability to communicate, both written and verbally, for internal and external clients.
- Able to react to dynamic situations and retain effectiveness.
- Resolves conflicts between team and clients.
- Able to provide mentorship and guidance to subordinate or junior team members.
This position requires the individual to use the computer working at a desk in either an office or cubicle; must be able to talk and hear, reach with hands and arms, lift 25 pounds, sit, stand, and walk, must have close and color vision, use depth and peripheral vision, be able to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The typical noise level is moderate, business office with computers, printers, and light traffic. Occasional field work at construction and client sites may require employee to be exposed to outdoor weather conditions, electrical and fueling facility environments. It is expected that employees will wear hard hats, eye protection, hand protection, foot protection and other appropriate safety equipment as needed in the field.
Occasional attendance at meetings and other on-site events at designated locations requires the ability to provide reliable transportation and maintain a current, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. Position may require occasional travel to domestic locations. Employee must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Common Access Card (CAC). Access to federal installations or other secure facilities may require security badges and employee must be able to obtain basic security clearances.
Code of Ethics:
All employees are expected to conduct business in an ethical manner and refrain from dishonest or unethical conduct. Employees shall act in a manner which represents their integrity, impartiality and the best interests of the company and its customers.
- LBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 3-5 years
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: REMOTE - SD
- All locations: US-AZ-Tucson, US-CA Petaluma, US-CA-Anaheim, US-CA-Antioch, US-CA-China Lake, US-CA-Costa Mesa, US-CA-El Centro, US-CA-Foster City, US-CA-Fresno, US-CA-Irvine, US-CA-Lemoore, US-CA-Long Beach, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-Modesto, US-CA-Oakland, US-CA-Orange, US-CA-Rancho Cordova, US-CA-Riverside, US-CA-Roseville, US-CA-Sacramento, US-CA-San Bernardino, US-CA-San Clemente Island, US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CA-San Jose, US-CA-San Nicholas Island, US-CA-Santa Barbara, US-CA-Stockton, US-CA-Sunnyvale, US-CA-Walnut, US-CA-Walnut Creek, US-NM-Albuquerque, US-NM-Carlsbad, US-NM-Farmington, US-NM-Las Cruces, US-NM-Questa, US-NM-Santa Fe, US-NM-Socorro, US-NV-Elko, US-NV-Fallon, US-NV-Las Vegas, US-NV-Reno, US-Remote, US-UT-Salt Lake City