Who We Are - LBS
We are LBS and we specialize in operational excellence for defense mission and public critical infrastructure and facilities, globally. We offer turnkey operation and management solutions to reduce risk and life-cycle costs. As people-focused, safety-minded collaborators we are committed to unlocking the potential held by a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we serve. Join us and be involved in projects in our growing organization that partners with national, state, and local government agencies, multilateral institutions and commercial industry clients.
At the core of everything we do are our values: safety, ethics, respect, value, inclusion, community and excellence. These values are instilled into all of our relationships, projects, programs, and activities enabling us to provide solutions that have a positive impact on society.
LBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
LBS is looking for a Senior Power Plant Electrician for MSAB Jordan.
- Work with the Site Manager to operate and maintain high voltage distribution network and power plant equipment;
- Promote and maintain safety following established safe work practices and procedures;
- Work to perform routine installation maintenance, and repairs on electrical power control equipment, high voltage switchgear, distribution networks, or diesel power generators;
- Assist in managing and training power plant personnel or team leads:
- Work on power cables, transformers, insulators, and control equipment such as switches, circuit breakers, and panels. This includes collecting transformer oil samples that are tested for contamination as well as cleaning up contaminated sites;
- Terminate and/or splice LV/HV cables;
- Install and connect transformers and make hot taps and splices;
- Install underground cable, conduit, and ductwork. Install transformers; make electrical connections and splice cables;
- Locate and rectify faults on the overhead and/or underground high voltage networks during power interruptions;
- Use and maintain various hand and power tools of the trade
- Inform the site manager of the location of a failure, possible cause, and repairs required on the Electricial Network;
- Ensure correct testing and isolation procedures are followed before working on de-energized High Voltage Networks or Switchgear;
- Monitors the distribution of electric power to various distribution points;
- Operates switchboard controls to adjust controlled circuit breakers, transformers, and switches to regulate and maintain proper voltage on the distribution lines and at the power generation plant;
- Bring Generators online, parallel generators, and bring generators offline.
- Report abnormal operating conditions and reroute power through alternate feeders to user areas in case of emergency cutouts or extensive scheduled repair;
- Notifies repair crews of the location of failure and assure that circuits are open and tagged before work is started;
- Keeps an hourly log of meter readings and records shutdowns, connection and disconnection of circuits, and similar occurrences;
- Other duties as determined.
- Abide by and adhere to all requirements in General Order #1 in conformity with US military standards and practices;
- Follow all Berger standard policies and practices.
- Work a 60hr work week
Who You Are
- Master/Journeyman Electrician License
- Experience in the installation, commissioning operation, and maintenance of High Voltage Distribution Networks and associated Hardware and Switchgear;
- Hands on experience and thorough understanding of power generation, electrical distribution, switchboards, panel-boards, power circuit breakers, power meters, transformers, and other electrical equipment required.
- Can read and interpret specifications, schematics and one-line diagrams;
- Experience in the switching operations of High Voltage Distribution Networks;
- Proactive nature and strong interpersonal skills in collaborating, communicating and working with electrical team
- Three years of experience operating power plants and 5 years working with high voltage networks.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Valid US Passport
- Fluent in English
- Experience in installing and maintaining high voltage electrical distribution network
- Experience in fault finding and rectifying of Underground Distribution Networks.
- Experience with Synchronized Diesel Power Generators.
- LBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Required Education: High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum Years Experience: 5 years
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: JORDAN
- All locations: Jordan