At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Drilling Engineer for our Houston, TX office. Be involved in projects with the Underground Storage department within our Energy sector and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform a broad range of engineering activities, analyses and calculations related to underground storage
• Design, permit, and manage drilling projects in salt cavern, reservoir storage, and disposal applications.
• Serve as Project Manager for drilling and other well related projects
• Provide support to the Regulatory Engineering and Geoscience Services team in the design and execution of injection well project, including Class I, II, V, and VI),
• Coordinate with third-party vendors, service providers, and client staff to delivery projects safely, on time and under budget.
• Manage budgets, cost control and scheduling for various underground storage projects
• Prepare schematics and drawings, write reports and prepare other technical documents, including proposals.
• Work with multidisciplinary team of geologists, engineers, CAD specialists, and administrative assistants to deliver successful projects.
• As needed, participate in cross-functional projects in the design, planning and oversight of field work associated with well workovers, including salt cavern facilities
• Interface with clients and potential customers, maintaining working relationships and exploring business development opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
• Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent field.
• 10+ years of experience working as a petroleum engineer in drilling, workovers and completions
• Proven history of project and program management, specifically with the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver projects safely, on time and on budget.
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
• Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
• Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
• This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request. " should be included as a basic qualification.
• Must successfully complete and pass WSP’s Motor Vehicle screening.
• Previous Experience in Disposal Well and CCUS Well Drilling
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Professional Engineer (PE) License in Texas, Louisiana, and/or Mississippi
• Well Control Certification (IADC)
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.