Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all experiences, skillsets, backgrounds and walks of life. We actively foster a work environment and culture where inclusion and diversity is part of our fundamental structure. This is delivered behaviorally, through our policies, trainings, local partnerships with professional diverse organizations, internal networks and most importantly with the support and sponsorship of our leaders who help drive our commitment to an inclusive, diverse, welcoming and equitable work environment. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
Be involved in projects with our New York Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Document Controller for our New York, NY office.
- Influence the narrative by understanding what needs to be done. Support the Project vision and initiatives.
- Implement efficient work-flow process, monitor daily activity, implement modifications.
- Supports the delivery of Document and Records Management that will facilitate storage, control and delivery of all formally released/issued documents and records.
- Work within the existing “Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) QA/QC Plan”:
- Maintain documentation in SharePoint, Sharepoint Online, Projectwise, Procore and Local Server.
- Work with Information System Mgmt. Team for access, security and troubleshooting.
- Work with Document Control Manager and Lead Document Controller to provide support to Project Team and Client.
- Provide Document Management support to entire project team:
- Retrieve files Upload / Download files from EDMS, Manage Document Naming Convention,numbering, assigning, distribution, filing and protection of all procedures and forms. Formatting and editing of controlled documents.
- Prepare Transmittalsc, distribute documents and retrieve documents.
- Establish and Maintain Files, Index and convert correspondence PDF.
- Initiate and track document reviews
- Ensure that electronic record files as required are maintained in good order to comply with QA and contractural requirements
- Produce reports on documentation and progress as requested
- Assist with reoccuring training on Document Control Policies and Procedures and EDMS sites, as required.
- Optimize Document Control productivity, efficiency, and service quality across all departments.
Who You Are
- 0-1 years experience working on design and construction projects or similar projects in a document control role
- Knowledge of document management process and procedures and systems, preferrably Sharepoint.
- Working Knowledge of Sharepoint, Sharepoint Online, BlueBeam, Projectwise and Procore.
- Basic Qualifications Technical knowledge of industry documents, records and data management systems
- Excellent computer and word processing skills using MS Office applications including Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio, and SharePoint
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to research and retrieve electronic and hard copy documents.
- Ability to coordinate with other functional areas.
- Ability to thrive in fastpaced environment with multiple deadlines and demonstrate flexibility when dealing with changing priorities
- Excellent organizational & prioritizing skills with the ability to multitask
- Exhibit an extremely high level of professionalism and superior attention to details
- Aptitude to exercise foresight as well as good business judgment to anticipate and solve problems with minimal oversight
- Self-motivated and quick to learn with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a team or independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to interface and interact with Management and Client Representatives at all levels
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Champion best practice for document & records management across the projects.
- Methodical and analytical approach to work
- Team player with excellent communication and presentation skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A - No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: NEW YORK - PENN PLAZA
- All locations: US-NY-New York
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a flexible, agile and hybrid workplace model while meeting client needs. Employees are also afforded a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.